Thursday, February 28, 2019

Happy day...it's Thursday!

I meant to post yesterday, but things got crazy and it didn't happen.  :)   Now it's another day, and so hopefully I'll get to other things. I hope you've had a great week so far!  We've had warmer weather, which has been nice, but I think Oregon has taken our snow and we've been getting their rain...no fair!!  lol
My hubby and I got to go see How to Train Your Dragon 3, and it was sooo good.
They did a great job in ending the series.  made me cry...lol.   Anyway - if you've been thinking about going to see it, you should.  And, I think it's worth it to see in the theater.  The animation is amazing as usual. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naW9U8MiUY0
I tried to share the trailer, but it wouldn't let me, so here's a link...

There aren't as many things to celebrate, but there are some...


Floral Design Day -  This is kind of cool...this day has some serious history to make floral design.  Here's a link that tells you more about it...  I have a niece that does floral design when she has spare time - and a sister-in-law.
It's kind of amazing how they can throw things together and make it look awesome.  I'm lucky if I can stick my home grown flowers in a vase and have it look as if they are flowers...lol

National Chili Day -  What is it about chili?  Some people are huge fans, some like it as a condiment, and some people do chili competitions.  There are huge chili festivals all over the west - and so many different kinds of chili - white chili, spicy chili, ugh.  Chili is a
cold weather dish to me, and I like doctoring up the canned version as the homemade never really works out for me.  I am not a big fan of white chili, and I like lots of meat in mine.  What kind do you like?  I also have to have cornbread with mine...  :)


National Tooth Fairy Day - everyone has grown up with the idea of a tooth fairy.  Whether you believe in it or not, it's fun to tease a child with it.  We used to tell our kids to put their teeth under the pillow, and then eventually it faded away.  We never had to tell them she wasn't real - like you have to face with Santa Clause.  (sorry folks)  If you like the movie versions, which one do you like best?  The one from Rise of the Guardians?  She's a cutie.  :)

Or the Rock?  I had almost forgotten about him doing this bit. 

Of course, there is also the one in the Santa Clause movies...

anyway - I also like this bit:


National Chocolate Souffle Day - for those of us chocolate fans...it's chocolate souffle day.  I don't know about you - but I'm not into making souffle.  I think I'll stick with ice cream or pudding, lol.  But if you like fancy stuff, you might try making this.  The Nibble has a recipe that looks intriguing...

well - hopefully you'll have a great day.  I'm glad I could be part of it.  :)




No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...