Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Happy New Year!

Yes, today is Chinese New Year...

So that's a great reason to have Chinese food!!  What is your favorite?  Besides sweet and sour chicken...yum...  I'm wondering if I can find some of the long noodles...  but I figure I realize I'm not Chinese, have zero ancestry of Chinese, but I like to party whenever the excuse presents itself.  How about you??  I mean, why else do you think I share all these silly holidays with you??  Because I like to party.  :)   So, in the midst of a snow storm...we're going with Chinese New Year, lol.  What's your plan for the day??

Shower With A Friend Day - I figure I shower with a friend every time I shower, but we probably don't want to go into that too much.  Suffice to say my hubby and I like to share the shower....  :)
I'm wondering if they're saying soap is a friend, lol

 Weatherman's [Weatherperson's] Day - I've been surprised the past couple of weeks.  When the weather says it's going to start snowing around 2 pm...and then right at 2 pm some flakes start happening... And then today - winter storm saying going to start around noon... well, sure enough, about 11:58 or so, it started coming down.  wow...  they're finally getting the hang of reading the radar, right??  So tell the weather people that they're awesome! 
and we have to remember last Saturday was Gound Hog day, so we have to remember Phil...

( I know...some of you would rather forget...)

World Nutella Day- I'm not sure why it's a world day, I guess everyone around the world likes hazelnuts and chocolate?  I'm not a huge fan of it, I like my peanut butter, and I like to get my sweet other ways...  But I do like hazel flavor in my hot cocoa!!  :)
 
National chocolate fondue day - now this is a day to celebrate.  I love fondue...and I love it when it's chocolate.  We love to do fondue as a family - but the cheese is a little on the pricey side, so it doesn't happen very often.
  Chocolate fondue, on the other hand, is just melted chocolate chips with a little warmth and yum....dip all sorts of things.  We might have to try some with the freeze dried fruits...  which by the way - we freeze dried grapes over the weekend because we were told they were amazing.  Have you tried them?  We did red and green.  The red ones were NOT yummy...ugh.  My hubby said it was because they were too sweet.  The green ones, were awesome!  so...go figure.

and have to add... yesterday was stuffed mushrooms day, which is something I just think is amazing...  I didn't have time to do anything about it, but doesn't mean you can't have them today!  :)

Well...hope you have an awesome day, and are warm and comfy.  I'm wishing we didn't have pack meeting tonight... lol

and I have to leave ya with a laugh...

Mr. Brooks just keeps coming up with crazy stuff.  What have your kids taken from home to school?

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...