Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Welcome to snowy Wednesday!

Wow!  It's been awesome, some of the snow around the west.  Tahoe has tons of snow, which is great - they need the water.  :)   We have some, but not as much as we'd like.  It's been fun seeing what everyone is getting though.  My hubby actually gets a snow day today!!  He hasn't had one in forever, so I'm excited for him.  I'm bummed though...we don't.  sigh.  :)   Once again...I do like my job!!  It just would have been fun to be home with him all day though...curled up ...who am I kidding.  We'd probably both be doing stuff in different parts of the house.  double sigh.
Anyway - not much to celebrate today, but a couple of fun things.

Canadian Maple Syrup Day - I know I should be more sharing of maple syrup made here in US, but Canada is our friendly neighbor to the north, and we share many things!!  One of which is yummy syrup.  I like the stuff made here too, but just sayin...  :)  did you know that you can use maple syrup for sweetener instead of sugar?  It's awesome.  I find that my sweetness level has gone down, which is nice.  I don't have to have as much to make it taste sweet anymore.  And...that means maple syrup is great!  try it on Cream of Wheat some time - yum!!  Anyway - there are lots of uses...but my most favorite??  On pancakes or waffles!! 

Play Monopoly Day -  in some parts of the state it's a snow day today.  That means it's the perfect day to play Monopoly!  That stupid game can take hours to play...especially if one of the players is like my daughter and just likes to keep things going...because she likes to play, not because she wants to win.  It drives her siblings crazy.  :)   Which version do you like?
We have a peanuts version that we like to play, and a Lord of the Rings version.  I think I like the Peanuts version over the original, but I like the Millionaire Monopoly the least...ugh.


National Chopsticks Day - you would think yesterday would have been chopsticks day when it was Chinese New year, but I guess they wanted things to linger... I can't seem to find anything that says why today is chopsticks day, and apparently it only started being mentioned in 2016, so it's a relative new comer to the scene.  If you want to know some trivia, theNibble.com has some fun stuff.  My oldest daughter (who loves anything oriental) has several pairs of chopsticks - metal, laminated, wood...  most are the Japanese style (round and pointed) though it's my understanding that they are supposed to be shorter and hers seem to be long.  She also uses them in her hair once in a while... lol
These are two of my favorite scenes involving chopsticks...

and

Although from what I've read...they wouldn't be eating porridge with chopsticks...and the bacon would have been crumbled, lol.  Who cares...it's funny, right?  :)

National Frozen Yogurt Day - This is a good one!!  I love frozen yogurt - do you?  The stuff at Costco is a little on the sweet side, but I like the stuff you can buy in the store.  There is a difference in brands...some seem a bit more tart than others and it makes me wonder what type of yogurt they use.  And...despite rumors that used to circulate when it was first introduced, frozen yogurt does NOT taste like ice cream...is NOT better than ice cream - is just different than ice cream.  It's a separate thing on it's own.  It's good stuff though...  if you haven't tried some, you should.  Have it with apple pie or chocolate syrup. 



Well.. whatever you end up doing today, be it having a snowball fight, or staying inside cozy and warm with hot chocolate and a book or movie - have a great one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...