Thursday, April 11, 2019

Happy Thursday!

Well... greetings all.  It's been a week...almost over!  For some reason this has been a crazy week, but the weekend doesn't look like it will be much calmer...sigh.  Hope you have a great time ahead!!  There's a couple of fun things I wanted to share for today...hope you enjoy them as much as I do:

Barbershop Quartet Day - I always think of this movie when I think of barbershop quartets.  Don't you love how he pulls them all together and totally makes them forget their beef?  What a smooth talker... but what a great quartet!!  he sure had a musical ear...


Celebrate Teen Literature Day - so what is teen literature??  When I was a teen, it was Go Ask Alice, and other dark subjects.  There was always fantasy, but I hadn't discovered it till I moved to Utah.  Then it was all the wonderful world of Pern and it's dragons, the White Gold Weilder and others.  Do you have a favorite book from your teens?  I think now it's all the dystopian novels...  Like Divergent and Hunger Games...  kind of back to dark.  sigh.

International "Louie Louie" Day - so, don't know why this is an international day, and not sure if this is the version that's supposed to be honored, (lol) but it's the song I grew up with.  How about you?  Remember Paul Revere and the Raiders???


National Pet Day -  yeah pets!  I am kind of torn on this subject, but it also reminds me of the movie 28 Days.  If you can keep a pet alive for a year, then you are probably ready for a relationship.  I think owning a pet helps you live outside of yourself and makes you think of others.  Those pets depend on you for food, water, exercise, etc.  It's almost like having a child, lol.  I do like cats better than dogs, you don't have to walk them...  :) 
This is one of my favorite cats... lol



National Pie Day -  Okay - so real pie, not the math pie.  It's pie day!!!  everyone loves pie!  Which flavor is your favorite?  I won't post Knight and Day again, I think I've done that a few too many times.  :)

Submarine Day - I think submarines are kind of cool...and crazy at the same time.  I'm not sure I could live on one for as long as these guys do.  There are some great submarine movies out there...U571, Hunt for Red October...  got to always love Sean Connery.



National Cheese Fondue Day - one of my favorite things!!!  ( I know, I have a lot of favorite things...) my kids love fondue.  We sit around the table and dip potatoes and bread and veggies into the lovely cheese sauce and unfortunately, quote movies.  I mean, isn't that how everyone else carries on a conversation??

Well... hope you have an awesome day.  I'm going to be face painting tonight...sigh.  So probably no fondue for me.  Hope you get some good stuff!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...