Wednesday, April 17, 2019

It's Wednesday...and not raining! :)

Greetings my friends!  It feels definitely springy today!  Although I still had frost on my windshield...ugh.  I really miss my garage some days.  Anyway - it's been a little bit of wet week for us, and so today's sunshine is especially welcome!!  It's not quite break out the shorts and sandals weather, but pretty close.  I finally got out my summer clothes and switched them out!  (I know...the Japaneese organization lady where you only keep what brings you joy?  She says you shouldn't bother with switching wardrobes, she keeps buying more new clothes.  Well, I tell you, in my opinion?  It's like having a whole new wardrobe without having to buy the clothes!!!  I love switching out my winter for summer and visa versa.  do you?)  So that was good...  Anyway, just a few things for fun today.  Hopefully something makes you smile.


*Blah! Blah! Blah! Day - I'm not sure what this is supposed to be celebrating, but I'm thinking it's Dracula in Hotel Transelvania 2, where he keeps saying "I don't say Blah, Blah, Blah!"  If you know of it's origins, share it.  I don't have time to look into it right now, lol.  but I will share the clip...


Ford Mustang Day- well, just about everyone loves the mustang.  My sons drool over them almost as much as a camaro, but not quite.  My brothers had a blue one that got passed down to a second generation - I got my first speeding ticket in it.  What a memory, lol.  We're driving back from surf n swim and my sister (the one that's now a lawyer by the way...)  dares me to go faster.  I mean really, I was 19, you'd think I'd have been smarter!  The poor cop in the opposite lane about had a heart attack...he flipped on his lights and died right there in the lane.  We got pulled over about 5 minutes later...  sigh.  Do you have any mustang stories? 

International Haiku Poetry Day - I don't see the fascination with different types of poetry.  To me, it's a poem if it rhymes.  I know, I know, and I call myself a writer.  But really...some of the poetry styles stymie me.  Of course the Haiku comes from Japan, and they like to make things complicated and claim it's simple at the same time...  here's a good page that goes over it...  If I had an inventive brain this morning I'd try and come up with one, but it's blank.  Anyone else want to share?

Nothing Like A Dame Day
- of course we all think of South Pacific when we hear this phrase  Now a days, this would never had been made.  Women the world over would probably have emotional break downs and protest the film makers, etc.  sigh.  But it did have some fun songs, and this was one of the crazy ones.  :)


National Cheese Ball Day - do you like a good cheese ball??  I love some of the ones at Smiths.  They have a great onion one...I make them once in a while, but sometimes I just like regular cheese, lol.  Which is your favorite kind?  Today would be a good day to have a picnic outside with a cheese ball and crackers, right??

healthy kids day - well, I guess this is important, especially if you happen to be a parent or a teacher, lol.  You always want that healthy kid!!  But what makes a healthy kid??  A healthy lifestyle, and some thought and effort.  But part of healthy kidlets are letting them be outside in the sunshine!!!  :)   Today is the day for that.

Well, hope you have an awesome one... you deserve it!

 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...