Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Lemonade day!!

Well, hello my friends!  Today is the first day of school...and everyone is going crazy.  :)   Well, my granddaughters are there with the rest of them... the youngest is in kindergarten!! 

sigh.  It's not fair that they can grow up, ya know???
Oh well.  Isn't she just a crack up?  She chopped her hair again last week...found some scissors.  We can't keep them any where close to her...  I hope her teacher loves her...  :)

Her sister wasn't as thrilled...and her little brother was heart broken when she didn't go with him to day care.  sigh.  Life's tough when you're 2, right??

So...  onto the celebrations...lol

First - today is National Radio Day...  Radio!!  I don't know too many people that listen to the radio anymore.  My children included!  sigh.  I Do.  My hubby does.  Do you??  I grew up listening to AM radio.  I had a little boxy transiter radio on my bed side table, and I loved to listen to a station that I won't repeat the call letters here - I didn't realize how crude they were at the time.  😏  I remember in college a friend had records that were like opera, and we used to sit and listen to them.  I'm sure it was like a version of radio stories.  Remember the Christmas Story and Little Orphan Annie?  Ya....that was real radio.  Just for fun, here's a Studio C skit...


National Lemonade Day - one of my favorite things!!  I don't know what it is about lemonade, but I just love it.  I discovered last week that Olive Garden has a frozen lemonade... oh so good!!    If you haven't tried it yet, I'm recommending it.  😊   So, just because of the day, I'll post Mr. Boye for ya...


National Chocolate Pecan Pie day - okay for those of you who don't like pecan pie, I can understand.  I mean, most of the time it's some nuts with WAYYYY too much sugar.  But lately, I had a slice that was more pecan than sugar, and it was awesome.  I had no idea there was a chocolate version!!!  So, yes, you can believe I'm going to be trying some recipes on this.  Here's the recipe I'm hoping to make today...
Let me know what you end up with.  😊

and National Bacon Lovers Day - and of course, most people love bacon.  I'm not sure what I can make for dinner that involves bacon today, unless we're thinking BLT's...which are always good.  😊  What's your favorite way to eat bacon?

Well...  Hopefully you're having a wonderful day, and celebrating with one of these lovely ways will make it even better.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...