Thursday, August 15, 2019

Well...it's the middle of August already!

Well...  I meant to post last week, but didn't get it done.  I tell ya, this summer has been soooo quick!!  Here it is the 15th of August and I've been back to work for 2 days already.  sigh.  Now it's the crazy time - between booths and work, there isn't a lot of time to breathe.  This is when I LOVE Sundays.  :)

Anyway - hopefully you've had a wonderful summer...and it's not over!  School starts next week for our neck of the woods, and so everyone needs to enjoy this week!

Just to help, here are some ways to pass the time today:

Best Friends Day - your best friend knows they're your best friend, you don't need a day to celebrate that, but ya know how things are.  Let them know, just in case their clueless, right?  And since we all have a best friend in that principal down in Texas, I'll share with you his post for today...









National Leathercraft Day - Does anyone remember growing up in the 70's where everything leather was awesome?  Leather purses, belts, headbands, keyrings...  I had a key ring I made in school that was with me on my mission and numerous children had chewed on (I know...ewe... but hey).  It doesn't seem to me that there is much leathercrafting being done anymore.  Now it would be considered an artisan type thing.  I don't think they even teach it in school.  I think I made mine at girls camp...  
 

National Relaxation Day - well, some of us can't relax all day...ask me at about 8 pm tonight if I'm relaxed, lol.  What do you do to relax??  We generally sit down with a silly movie or one of our Star Trek shows we like to watch.  In the winter, it would be sitting in front of a fire.  Summer, I'd LOVE to sit by a pool or in a hot tub and gaze at the sky.  What's your favorite way to relax?


National Lemon Meringue Pie Day - one of my hubbies favorite pies!  I'm just not a big fan of meringue, but hey, I love lemon!!  Find your favorite stuff and enjoy while you're relaxing! 


and Julia Child's Birthday! -  in honor of this day, I'm posting one of our favorite scenes from Julie and Julia...  Great movie - especially if you like food!!!


Whatever you do, have a great day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...