Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Happy World Bread Day!

I have to admit, bread is one of my favorite things.  Especially sourdough!  oh my...want to make my whole day?  Give me some fresh sourdough bread with butter...  Apparently this was started about 10 years ago by a artesian baker that wanted to encourage the making of sourdough.  Personally, I have a hard time keeping starters...  I experimented for a couple years, trying to get a pineapple base one to go, and finally got a loaf and pizza crust out of it, and then it died.  I've received starters from others that just hasn't kept...and it's so sad.  sigh.  Right now my life is too crazy to try and keep the starter because it has to be fed and used and discarded - oh wait - I just found a recipe that said you didn't have to discard it!!!  So I'll let you know how that one works out.  :)  

So - it's a great day.  It's Wednesday...it's going to be gorgeous!  And for some of us, it's the last work day of the week!  How can it get better?  Possibly if we were all heading out to some wonderful location to veg...lol.  But - since many of us are remaining here at the home port and doing catch up on household things, we'll have to find other ways to relax.  Personally, we're going to watch Hocus Pocus with the grandkids and introduce them to the acting prowess of Bette Midler.  :)  What are your plans for fall break?

Anyway - along with it being bread day, there are a couple more things to celebrate...
Boss's Day (or National Boss's Day) : Yeah!  We have a great boss...  He has to deal with six women who are all older than he is...most of us could be his mom, lol.  But anyway - he's awesome.  
 
Dictionary Day: how many of you read the dictionary?  My autistic son likes dictionaries.  He bought one that was printed in 1900's and needed the binding repaired.  It's like a foot thick and has lots more photos than the ones today.  He will sit and read that like most of us read books.  Today is Webster's bday, and so of course, day to celebrate his greatest known effort.  I think it's funny...my granddaughter likes to read the dictionary as well.  It really is a fascinating read! 

National Feral Cat Day:  Okay - I think it's funny that they celebrate feral cats.  Feral cats are cats that don't have owners, right?  The Humane Society is big on this because they're hoping to reduce population...  One of my co-workers has a neighborhood cat that camped out in her garage and sprayed her boat and stuff (UGH) and her hubby trapped it and took it to the pound.  They brought it back two weeks later and said that according to the feral cat law, it had to be brought back and released in their neighborhood!!  Have you heard of this??  I thought it was crazy...  But you have to admit - mice and rats are a problem if there aren't cats around, so which do you want less?  We always make sure we have at least one cat - but I don't think she's doing her job right now.  😒  Problem is I love kittens... fortunately I can leave them and go home - kittens grow up into cats with attitude.. 


National Take Your Parents To Lunch Day:  Well... never hear about this with enough time to do it...and as both my parents are gone and my mother-in-law just got taken to lunch for birthdays...I'm good.  My children, on the other hand...could take me out, if any of them had the day free - which they don't, lol.  So - what about you?  Taking your parents to lunch??  I'm sure they wouldn't mind dinner...

As usual - whatever your thing, have a good one!!  :)





No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...