Thursday, December 12, 2019

Getting closer...

Hi everyone!  It's Thursday...and less than two weeks till Christmas - are you panicking yet??  lol.  I'm feeling a little numb

Gingerbread House Day -So apparently gingerbread was first brought to Europe by an Armenian monk named Gregory of Nicopolis.  This spread the stuff throughout history and created what everyone loves to do this time of year, lol.  We've never been a big fan of gingerbread houses because I already have tons of decorations and there's no place to put it.  Never mind that my kids would have eaten all the decorations off before Christmas came!  I do love me a good gingerbread cookie though...  and that brings to mind one of my dear friends that passed away a couple years ago (miss you Sonjia!!) used to give us gingerbread cookies at Christmas time.  I might have to make some in her honor....  forget the house bit, lol.  But hey - it's a fun thing to do with little kids.  You could always do the graham cracker version...

National Cocoa Day - one of my favorite days, people.  I love me anything to do chocolate, right?  And hot cocoa is sooo good. Have you made it in a crock pot yet??  Sooo good!



Poinsettia Day - I think I've shared the story of the whole Poinsettia thing before, and I don't feel like elaborating today, so if you're curious you can go here...

Hope you have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...