Thursday, January 23, 2020

Happy National Pie Day!

Not only is it Thursday (which this week has been soooo strange all week, let me tell you) but it's National Pie Day! 
And we're not talking the type of pie we go on about in March...we're talking the good pastry crust stuff that we eat at Thanksgiving with abandon. 
What's your favorite kind of pie?  We like pumpkin around here...and Banana cream (which is the photo) and key lime (YUM) and chocolate pecan...  Although I think my kids would probably eat any kind of pie short of mincemeat.  I like mincemeat...but most people don't anymore.  (I had to laugh after thanksgiving our local store had like 10 bottles of mincemeat on the clearance shelf.  I was tempted...)  Did you know that there was an actual National Pie Council??  I guess they want to forever preserve the great American tradition of pies.. lol  Well, keep up the good work, right?
(Photo from Saving Room for Desert)
Well..  that's all that's worth mentioning for the day.  Hope you have a great one!  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...