Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Happy Tuesday and chowder...

Hi everyone!  Yes, I'm back.  I could have taken the time to write something yesterday, but I wasn't feeling good and my hubby and I ended up not doing a single thing that was productive... okay, well, we did go to Sam's Club and grab groceries so we had food... lol.  Hope you had a great long weekend.  We ended it with watching the first two Harry Potter movies instead of something more appropriate - though there were some lessons to be learned about prejudice in them...

Well...  today there isn't a lot to mention, and one thing that relates to food... 

First up, it's International Sweatpants Day - which I think should be celebrated on a work level, don't you??  We would all be comfy at work.  🙂  To think there was a day when sweatpants were only used for working out.  I use mine for painting in.  Do you have sweatpants?  Some people don't even have them anymore - they have yoga pants.

the last thing to mention is National New England Clam Chowder day.  (this photo is from Taste of Home)
This is an important distinction because there are a couple of different clam chowders out there, and there is a big difference between the New England and the Manhattan version - let alone whatever else version you've heard of.  Personally I don't like the tomato based one, so I'm glad it's the New England version.  And...as my hubby isn't a fan of the fishy clam taste, I'm thinking I'll try the Salmon version someone posted.  He likes salmon (for the most part) so, this might work better.  Some chowder, some sourdough bread... Yum!! 

Well... have a great rest of your day. 
Be glad you don't live in Newfoundland - they got heavy snow in ONE day on the 17th.  Here's a video clip of it for you...
https://weather.com/news/weather/video/time-lapse-shows-snow-burying-house-in-newfoundland-canada

 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...