Thursday, January 23, 2020

Tree of Life...

I wanted to share a thought I had this week...
I don't know if this bothered anyone else, but something that bugged me when reading about the vision of the tree of life was the description of those traveling along the path to the tree. There were basically three groups. The second group 'grasped' onto the rod...got to the tree and then fell away. The last group held tight to the rod and did not fall away.
An oil painting by Avon W. Smith Oakeson depicting Lehi partaking of the fruit of the tree of life.I didn't like the idea that the graspers fell away...and and have been thinking about it alot. Grasping seemed like a tightly held thing... weren't you holding tight if you were grasping??
But yet, it finally came to me, that the difference was faith and determination. Grasping at straws...grasping at anything, indicates a sort of desperation, not a decisive action. Holding fast to the rod shows true faith and hope and determination to follow the Lord and obey his commandments. Finally seeing that picture and understanding that principle has been big for me.
The Book of Mormon is amazing - The Lord truly loves us.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...