Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Apples, Apples Everywhere, and Lots of Them for Me!

Well, now that we've had a few days of cooler weather, the apples are really coming on. We helped my brother pick some from his tree last week, but now we need to pick ours. I'm ways excited for applesauce and apple juice. Our applesauce is the best because we don't add sugar. I look forward to making juice, because last year we did a wassail base that was just wonderful -- our kids wanted to drink all of it before we canned it.

Last night for family night we made caramel dip and cut up some apples and sat around the table eating. It was great. We still have some dip, so we might have to cut up some more. Right now though, I need to make zucchini bread because we have some ripe bananas that need to be used.

So, I need to get to work! Hopefully tomorrow I'll post pictures of our wonderful mountains with their fall colors and snow caps. sigh. Have I mentioned I love this time of year?

5 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You do realize I'm trying to lose weight right now, don't you? This post is making me think all sorts of unholy thoughts! :)

G. Parker said...

Especially since I put chocolate chips in mine?? lol

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

hahahahahhahhahahahahhhahahahe you two make me laugh!

Karlene said...

Does anyone know of a sugar free caramel dip?

ali cross said...

I was thinking the same as Tristi. I was thinking 'well isn't THAT nice ... for YOU!'

Happy Eating Gaynell!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...