Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tag, I'm It...

I was tagged by a Carrie the other day, and realized that I haven't fulfilled it. sigh...

So...here's the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, here are 7 things about me. (oh boy - I know, you can hardly stand it, you're so excited...grin)

1. I like dark chocolate. I used to hate it, but when I found out it has less sugar and is better for you, my taste buds changed dramatically. Also, I can eat much less of it than I used to regular chocolate, and be just as satisfied. I figure that's a good thing.

2. I want to paint a masterpiece. I don't see it really ever happening, but I often dream of painting a huge landscape that takes the breath away. Unfortunately, framing such a monster would cost mega bucks and so it would just sit on the mantel, a lame duck...grin

3. I never wanted to have children. I am ashamed to say it, but it's true. I was the only daughter, youngest of any family I lived with, and didn't really have much exposure or experience with children. When I first met my hubby, he was regailing me with stories of how he planned on having enough kids for a football team and cheerleaders. I informed him I was grateful not to be marrying him...yeah. We were both ready to be done at 6, but my youngest just had to be part of the family and we wouldn't trade him for anything. I just wonder if the kids would have a better mom if I'd had more of an example, but it's a little too late now... At least I know they love me. ;)

4. I used to own a pizza restaurant with my family. I love pizza. Actually, I used to really love it, but after two years, I really got tired of it. My favorite pizza used to be ham and pineapple. Now I can't stand ham on pizza. I love pepperoni, especially with pineapple. Go figure...

5. My favorite temple is the San Diego one. Ohhh, I think it's just gorgeous!! It's just like a castle in a fairy tale...


6. I hate shopping. Don't get me wrong, I like spending money, but the shopping is a killer. The only place I like to shop is a book store...ahhh, that would be a luxury. Grocery shopping, on the other hand, is torture and should be outlawed.

7. I'm afraid of heights. I'm not talking mild fear here, I'm talking serious, even watching a movie where they are next to the edge of something makes me grab the edge of my chair. I have no problem if I'm encased in something -- say like a plane or helicopter. Even amusement parks aren't too bad, although the sky ride at Lagoon is still a test of will every time I ride it. But the edge of a cliff? The top of a staircase if there isn't a railing? ugh. Ain't happening.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my little blurb of what I find to be trivia about myself. Be sure to tune in this time tomorrow for some other rant or thought that I would hope to be entertaining...grin.

I tag, on the other side of that coin, the following six people:

1. Danyelle (are you surprised?)
2. Karen (I thought it would be something to get the juices flowing)
3. Rebecca (didn't think you'd been tagged recently)
4. Paul Thought it was time ya joined us, mate.
5. Candace (I figured it was about time you had one of us tag you...grin.)
6. Um...I think that's all folks...

5 comments:

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Aha! I found the tag. How fun! I can't wait to get mine up.

BTW - I'm terrified of heights as well. A note of warning: Beware of cruise ships! They are HUGE! And you have to walk up this stupendously long & HIGH plank to get on the ship. I froze about halfway up. John actually had to cover my eyes and lead me the rest of the way up! Then during the whole cruise, I was terrified to walk around the fun decks. I had never realized ships were so tall. It was terrifying - but the food was fabulous!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hi Gaynell

I posted my response. Come check it out!

Danyelle

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks for taking the challenge and sharing some fun/weird facts about yourself! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, Gaynell. Can I just say "ditto" and call it good. Well, except I desperately wanted kids, and . . . I've never owned a pizza place, but we did have a restaurant. Oh well, I'll just do my own.

Karen E. Hoover said...

I posted my weirdness. thanks for the tag. It was a fun one.

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...