Friday, October 31, 2008

Vote for Art


Since November is upon us, and the elections are around the corner, I figured I'd have a little fun. I thought I'd look into the various forms of art that are used to encourage voting, stuff that has shown voting in the past, and the different forms used.

Posters have always played a big part in voting art, and we've seen plenty of them. Mostly, they are non-art...just words. Sometimes the words are displayed in an artful way, something to catch your eye, but I'm going to try and find just the fun ones, with more than just words. Let's see how many of these you have seen. Hopefully this will lighten up your day, and get a positive spin on the voting process...who knows. grin.

This one seemed very apt -- my family loves rubber chickens, and I'm sure they'd vote for one...lol


I liked this one because it was very simple --

This one seemed cool about the times when women were trying to vote. I would say the artwork was much more complex back then -- people cared a little more about the details than they do now.

I thought this looked alot like those old 60's and 70's posters of love with the letters arranged like this. Kind of cool.

I first thought of a Hershey's kiss when I saw this, but I'm not entirely sure it's point. Probably along the racial sides...

I liked that this one was to the point!

This is another one about the time of women suffrage. Nicely done.

I thought this was one of the better one's for Sarah Palin that I'd seen. Kind of the art deco look -- there was a similar one for Obama as well, but I couldn't bring myself to add it...sorry.

I thought this was really neat with the flag. I enlarged it a little, and it's made it a little blurry, but you can still see it. I'm not sure what they mean by fighting fear...

This, while being an Obama poster, is still kind of cool in the way it looks. It could be anyone in the photos, but I like the shapes.

This last one is just cute with the dogs. I'm sure many of you have your own cute pets that would have worked as well. I liked it.

All in all, these were just some of what I found, but as much of the non-blatant partisan ones. There were many names that I didn't even know were associated with the presidential nominations, many things from past years. I just hope that we as a nation continue to use our freedoms and continue to vote, so that we have many more years of collections to view.

Return to the Neighborhood

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...