Monday, February 01, 2010

Meet our Newest Family Member...



We got a dog.

I'm not sure why...but she's huge. She's a tree hound, and she has a deep bark when we hear it, which has only been once. We're sort of use to the small dachshund my daughter got last summer, and so this dog seems huge. We're still getting used to each other -- trying to figure out when she needs to go to the bathroom outside instead of inside...sigh.

When we got her they told us her name was Marley. My first thought was, "Gee, like the movie, Marley and Me." My kids all thought the same thing. "Hey mom, that's like the movie!" None of us have seen it...just heard the title.

My husband told me we had a narrow vision of things. I looked at him for a minute, and then realized what he was saying.

"You thought of Jacob Marley," I said.

He nodded and the kids laughed.

"Just because you have a morbid thought process," my daughter told him.

I wasn't sure about that one...



and on a lesser funny side -- I only lost 1 pound this week, though I've lost two inches off my hips, so progress is being made! Just VERY slow.

sigh.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...