Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Friday!!

and we have less than 2 weeks before Christmas, I thought you'd get a kick out of this one...
Today is National Ding-a-ling day
That's right.  Ding-a-ling-day.  I think someone was totally off their rocker, but ya know.  The site I looked it up on said they couldn't find any factual information, just a reference to it being a national day.  Go figure.
For some reason it brought to mind a song from when I was a kid...something about my ding-a-ling.  I don't want to look it up - it's probably something dirty.  ;)
anyway - I figure you can tell everyone they're ding-a-lings and have a legitimate excuse, lol.
Today is also national Poinsettia day...so if you like that red/white flower, you can go crazy with it.  There's a cute little story with it:
"According to Mexican folklore, there is a story of a little poor girl who had nothing to bring to church for Christmas. On her way to church, she picked some plants by the side of the road. As she entered the church, the leaves at the tips of the branches turned into bright, brilliant red flowers...Poinsettia's!"
So, you've had your trivia for the day.
Tomorrow is national ice cream day, so look forward to that!  Hope you have an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...