Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Got Tape?

Hey everyone!  I hope you had an awesome weekend.  Can you believe it's Wednesday already?  ;)  Crazy how fast this month has gone. 

Well, today we just have two things to commemorate.  First is Cellophane Tape Day.  Have you ever thought how different life would be without tape??  I mean, I've used it since I was a kid.  I can't find any hint as to why this is a 'unofficial' holiday, or why it's even celebrated in the first place, but I did find out that the guy who invented masking tape (another lifelong standby, especially for education, lol) was the same one who created cellophane tape in 1930.  Richard Drew worked for 3M back then and was quite the inventor.  Have any of you heard of him before??  I certainly haven't. 

And for those of you who have the years creeping up on them...or smacking them in the face -- today is National Senior Health and Fitness Day.  The goal, (apparently) is to keep older Americans healthy and fit...always moving. I actually had someone give me the senior citizen discount yesterday...sigh.  And I didn't have to show ID!  :(  dang!  I mean, it's good and bad at the same time, right?  Good cause, hey, 10% off is 10% off!  But dang! I look that old already???  lol   Oh well, time marches on.  I saw this cool video of how some senior citizens in China manage to keep fit - thought you'd enjoy it.  ;)




Did you have a great weekend?  We actually made it out to the cemeteries on Monday.  We have 6 that we go visit now...I hate how the number keeps growing.  At least we haven't added any since 2013...though that's because my uncles don't live withing driving distance for one day...  :(  My sister's headstone isn't glued on right, so we're afraid it might get tipped over.  I guess it should be okay if no one sits on it, right?  :-/   Dad's and mom's were well decorated, as was my sis and bro.  My father-in-law's had his airplane up as usual, and we spread the iris around that I'd brought from home.  (they have gone crazy this year with all the rain this month!)
My poor bro...when we went to my nieces grave site, he was having a hard time of it.  I can't believe it's been 18 years since she died. Crazy.  I guess you never really get over the loss...sometimes it just smacks you alongside the head, ya know?

I told my bro, one of these years we need to take a trip to see our parents graves during the month of May.  Probably not good to go during memorial day, though it would be fun to see what kind of ceremony they would do for dad...  I guess we'll see.  sigh.

Our schools are half out already and my job only has 6 days left.  ;)  Hubby was asking me what I'll be doing these last 6 days...not a whole lot!!!  lol.  I'm trying to justify being here, I'll tell you that!  ;)

Well...hope you have a great week! 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...