Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day to all...

and to all a good night, lol.

Every year I think I'm going to write something deep and touching for father's day.  Every year it's a fail, and this year is no exception.  At least my daughter took us to breakfast at Kneaders (where she works) and he had a great breakfast!  Hubby and I posed for my very first selfi...groan.  (new cell phone does camera on both sides so you can see how scary you look, lol)

Part of the reason for fail is because we were up til 2:30 Saturday night/Sunday morning cleaning the grout off our tiles.

YES we finally got the tile all down, and hubby started grouting it.
Then the missionaries came over for dinner and we showered super fast so they weren't frightened by our red-neck appearance, lol.
Then we ate, they had to leave, we had to leave, and it was up to the kids to clean it all up.
Well...argh.
Turns out, you're supposed to clean grout AS YOU GO...and within an hour after putting it in.  Well...hubby has done tile before, but they were bathrooms and not so big, and he didn't have any issues with those rooms.  sigh.
Not so with the kitchen.  It was a MESS!  oh my heck!  It was so bad.  The kids tried their darndest...but by the time we got back from doing trailer checks (which was a nice time together) at about 10 pm, they were still at it.  Oh boy.
Change of clothes (again) and dig in.  I looked up online and found recommendations for how to fix things, and we all grabbed paint stir sticks to scratch the grout off the tile, and then I scrubbed at the thick stuff with a nylon scrubby.
It finally came off...but we paid for it on Sunday.  I wasn't in too bad of shape, but my hands...oh boy.  They are still a little acky today, but not too bad.
Daughters were in pain on Sunday and hubby was so tired he fell asleep in his chair while trying to do some indexing.  Was not a glorious father's day for the poor man, though we did have my son and his fiance come over, and had a dutch oven dinner where the potatoes didn't get cooked all the way...sigh.
Youngest daughter made an awesome attempt at carrot cake ice cream, and it turned out so good!!  We are thinking of ways to tweak it, but for an initial try it was great!  ;)
Hope you had a great weekend.  ;)


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...