Saturday, July 18, 2015

Just want to say Thanks...


Today is Nelson Mandella International day.  If you don't know who that is, you should look him up.  He was an amazing man.  I'm afraid I don't know a lot about him, other than he did great things in South Africa.  Watch the movie Invictus, and you'll get a general idea.  ;)


He did a lot for many people in the world when it came to race and freedoms.  He was an example of fortitude and forgiveness.

Today would be a good day to honor him by remembering the founders of our own nation, and what they were trying to accomplish.  sigh.

It is also National Hot Dog day... so those of you who love that particular food, enjoy!  I don't mind a good turkey one that's grilled...  ;)

I'm finally getting to enjoy the summer a little bit.  We've pretty much finished the kitchen and now need to take stock on what's left to finish.  Unfortunately that list keeps growing...which is what happens when you purchase a 53 year old house and have to deal with maintenance.  ;)

Well...have an awesome weekend.  I know I will.  ;)  Tomorrow is National Ice Cream day...just in case you need an excuse to eat ice cream during the summer....


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...