Wednesday, November 11, 2015

In Their Honor...

Happy Veterans Day.




I guess in other places it's called Armistice Day, but I like that we honor veterans.  I have several in my family, and my brother-in-law (who is currently living with us).  We have former Marines, Air Force, Rangers, Navy, and Army.
I'm hoping my sons got the flag up...I didn't have time before I left for work.  What do you do in your families to honor the veterans?  Our neighborhood usually has a dinner for them, but I haven't heard about it this year.  My children have many great examples of these men in our family...too bad they haven't really followed them.  sigh.  I am so glad I live in this country, despite it's troubles right now.
We are still free.

It's also Origami Day
My daughter is almost an expert at folding Origami.  She made a mobile for my granddaughter out of butterflies.  It was amazing.  😊  She has all the different kinds of paper you can think of, and several books of patterns.  My sister-in-law even had her help with a woodbadge family camp this past summer and teach Origami.  She kind of liked it...


I hope everyone is having a great week and getting lots accomplished!  I can't believe Thanksgiving is in two weeks...and Christmas is...
6 1/2 weeks away!  Oh boy...and I'm soooo not ready!
Well, have a good one and keep warm.  It's chilly out there!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...