Thursday, February 11, 2016

Only a couple of days left...

It's Thursday!  Can you believe Valentines day is almost here??  As kids, it was the holiday that I most looked forward to (after Christmas, of course)  so you could decorate a valentines box have a party in school and see how many people liked you, make sugar cookies and give them to neighbors, eat all the chocolate you could find and toss the candy hearts...UGH
and then as a teenager, you always wondered if some anonymous person would give you a rose...(never happened) and then in high school wondering if anyone would ever ask you to the sweetheart dance, or have them show up at your class with a singing telegram.
And guys (Tom) all the pressure of your friends asking if you're going to ask someone to the dance, or if you like a girl, and if you DO like a girl, was there never ending pressure to do something on that day?
So...that may sound a bit negative, but I didn't mean for it to be entirely, as I happen to like most of the holidays we celebrate, and valentines is one of them.  Probably because I'm happily married and like to find sneaky ways to surprise my hubby.  Studio C had a great show this Monday devoted to valentines, and the mad doctor skit was probably what most people deal with.  I was hoping to put a link in here, but it's not available by itself yet.
Anyway - I like it for the sugar cookies and the chocolate.   Do you have anything you like about Valentines Day?  Or do you dread it?
anyway - a few fun things to think about...

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day - that's easy, I don't cry over it anyway...anyone else?  I guess there are those who would say this means don't sweat the small stuff, right?

Get Out Your Guitar Day - that would be nice if I had one.  I wonder if my daughter would mind me trying to figure hers out...lol.  

Make A Friend's Day - That's a good one to try.  I think it kind of goes along with valentines, ya know?  valentines day cards aren't just for romance, ya know.  &#X1f60a

National Shut-in Visitation Day -
It's sad that we need a day to remind us, but its always good to go visit those who can't get out.  They are always glad to see you!!


Satisfied Staying Single Day -
interesting that they would put this before Valentines.  I think they want you to think of it early so that you aren't surprised by the day and then start bemoaning your single state...for those who are single anyway...I'll have to tease my kids.  sigh.


White Shirt Day or White T-shirt Day -
well, isn't that serendipitous?  I wore a white shirt today!  And I didn't even know there was such a day, lol.  I rarely wear them, because they don't usually stay white, know what I mean?  Everyone remember to wear a red one tomorrow, right?  For heart stuff, and valentines...and well, because you can..&#X1f60a

Yesterday was Cream Cheese Brownie day...and I missed it!!  such a tragedy...I might have to make some tonight just to make up for it.  You see, there is such a thing as fat free cream cheese, and Greek yogurt and stuff...  lol

Anyway, and today is peppermint patty dayI thought perhaps they were talking about Charlie Brown's peppermint Patty, but no, they're talking about the candy.  York's is one of my hubby's favorites, so I might have to get him one.

Well...such is the day, sorry to chat your ear off...good thing I type fast, lol.
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...