Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It's Wednesday! The week is half over...long weekend ahead!!

Well...only 2 days till the three day weekend.  First BBQ of the year, right?   I guess we'll see...we usually have a big family BBQ to celebrate, and they always end up at my sister's house because her hubby doesn't like to go anywhere, lol.  We'll see if it rains... Many of us look to that for a sign that summer is about to begin.  I'll only have 4 days of work after that... lol. 


So, for today, there are a couple of things - and I got a little carried away with the videos...


National Tap Dance Day - so everyone pretend to know how to tap-dance and get out there and tap away.  I think we should all watch a Shirley Temple movie or one of those old classics where everyone knows how to dance...





National Wine Day - for those who enjoy wine, a day to celebrate!  Personally, I remember when I was 12 and visiting my grandfather for the summer and he and his wife would take a nap in the afternoon, and then ask ME to get his wine when they woke up.  It was the cheapy gallon stuff in a box, and it smelled!!!  UGH.  Never had a desire to drink...


Nerd Pride Day or Geek Pride Day they say that if you know how to turn off your computer when you get those annoying pop up (call the computer people to fix, lol) then you know you're a nerd.  If you know how to set the clock on your DVD player...microwave, lol, you're a nerd.  If you're all about how they do the special effects, or if you KNOW if there are mistakes in the Star Trek movies because you've seen all the original shows, you're a nerd/geek.  :)  Here's a video that my family says it totally geek...






Towel Day - for those of us who are VERY thankful for towels, this is our day!!  Aren't they the best invention?  But- in actuality - this day is for all the Hitchhikers Guide to the Gallaxy fans.  Everyone is supposed to carry a towel in the authors honor (he's now gone...)  If you remember the movie, Arthur and his friend always have a towel (because like, you'll always need one)  so, grab a towel and tote it around today and see how many people have any idea why.  and remember...Don't Panic!


Here's a great clip for teachers and educators...no ideas...


have a good one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...