Friday, December 02, 2016

Happy Friday and day of service 2


Greetings all!!  Today is the second day of service...and this one honors parents.  Have you spoken to your parents lately?  Since mine are all dead, can't really do that, but I can honor my mother-in-law, who is awesome -- and perhaps my step mom, check in on her, though I'm recovering from a cold, I don't know if she'd want me to come cough on her in person...lol  I might have to just call.

Well, in order to celebrate life, let's look at a couple of things.

first - it's National Mutt DayI like that...though it's sad there has to be such a thing.  Mutts are the best dogs!  They don't have all the quirks that some of the breeded dogs do, lol.  Anyway.  We have a couple - we like them.    Here's a spot from Studio C and dogs...  


 

And - it's Special Education Day!  Since I work for special education, I figured this was a special day to commemorate.  If you know someone who works in special education, they do a lot of hard work!  Give them a pat on the back next time you see them -- I promise they'll need it.  :)


And just to be on the healthy side, today is Eat a Red Apple Day.  I'm not a big apple fan unless it's sliced, lol.  But I love applesause!  Do you like red apples?

Yesterday was National Pie day...and tomorrow - lest you forget - is National Fritter Day!!  I wonder who thought fritters up?  I thought I'd look it up real quick, and it's a mixed bag.  The early colonists used to do apple slices and dip them in batter and fry them.  I don't know where it came to what we have today - large fruit and dough fried and slathered with sugar.  ...
oh well, to each their own. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...