Friday, December 09, 2016

Happy Friday!! Day 9 of service....

I know...I kind of skipped days 3 thru now, but I've been sick.  :(   May I whine for a moment???  I know everyone talks about the man cold...but we don't get to complain, right?  Well, I'm complaining.  I've had this cold for a week now, doing everything I can possibly think of to get rid of it...  It's finally feeling like I might be getting better, but I'm still not able to sing, so I'll be missing out on our Evening of Music that is Sunday.  dang it. 

Oh well...there are other things, right?  Like today...is National Pastry day!!  That's a day to celebrate...especially if your into pastry, right?  lol.

And, it's day 9 of light of the world service...  Jesus visited the Lonely, and so can you.  What would you like if you were feeling lonely?  A visit from a friend!  Know someone who is going to be lonely for Christmas or who you know is lonely now?  Take some cookies...stay and chat for a minute.  Or, invite them over to spend Christmas day with you.  It's all good...and you'll feel even better.

             “35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
             I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
             36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison,
               and ye came unto me.”
                 Matthew 25:35–36

I love the new movie that came out on BYU TV after Thanksgiving based on Leo Tolstoy's book Martin the Cobbler.  The Winter Thaw.  I highly recommend you watch it, it will totally melt your heart.

The even brighter spot in my day is that I get to see my granddaughter in her first Christmas program!  I get to be a proud grandma today - I'm so excited!!!  lol

Have an excellent day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...