Thursday, February 02, 2017

Happy Goundhog Day!!


And if you go by that stuff...we are apparently in for a longer winter...  but if you go by "Sunset Sam" in Utah, we're in for an early spring, since he didn't see his shadow here.  😊
So, I'm sure most of you will want to go by that one...  We ALWAYS watch Goundhog Day with Bill Murray.  Do you have any traditions for this silly day?



It's also National Crepe Day!!  We love crepes at my house.  If they weren't so time consuming to cook (hey, we need like 30!!) we'd make them more.  We love them with meat and cheese fillings or with desert fillings and whipped topping...just about anyway you can fix them.  (well, except for raisins- and if you haven't seen Mouse Hunt, you won't know what I'm talking about, lol)
The French celebrate this day as La Chandeleur - apparently something to do with Mary presenting Christ to the temple...though it's also supposed to have something to do with ending winter and looking for spring.  I don't think the human race has ever really liked winter for very long, lol.

Sled Dog Day - Kind of a fun day - if you weren't going to be watching Goundhog day, you could always watch Balto...that's a good one.  My kids still quote it...  sigh.  Here's one of their favorite scenes...  And did you know that Phil Collins was the voice of these two bears?  It's hilarious.  😊


and last we acknowledge that today is also World Play Your Ukulele Day.  If I had a ukulele I would play it, but since I don't...well, you'll just have to play yours.  😊
Or...you can watch this clip from 50 First Dates of Adam Sandler playing one.  I'm not a big fan of his, but this was a cute move (if you could drop the crazy friend and the brother...sigh)
So, no matter how you choose to celebrate it, have a great day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...