Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Welcome to May!

It seems to have taken it's time getting here, lol  I'm excited!  Not that I'm wanting the hot weather to get here anytime soon, I'm not a fan of anything over 75, but ya know.  Living in Utah, kind of have to deal with it.

There were so many holidays listed for today that I slimmed it down quite a bit.  I hope you find something that tickles your funny bone and brings a smile to your face.  I know that lemonade always brings a smile to mine!!


Global Love Day - well, in case you were struggling with the concept, today is love everyone, don't be judgemental, yada yada.  In other words, live the golden rule day.

Hug Your Cat Day - depending on who you talk to, this is usually June 4th...so I'm sot sure if brownielocks got confused or there are more than one days to hug your cat - but if you own cats and won't get sliced up by hugging them, then today's the official day to do that!!  Personally, our cats don't like the hug so much as they love the petting and scratching.  I think it's a point of showering them with affection, which they are generally good with anyway...right?  It's the whole used to be worshiped as gods thing...


Lei Day  - May day is Lei day in Hawaii!!  I don't remember seeing this before.  I wish I'd known it when I was at the dollar store, I would have bought a bunch of leis and handed them out today!  It would be fun to walk up to people and give them one.  :)   I read on one site that the lei is a gift of self, because the person creating it weaves a part of themselves into it...and so they are giving a part of themselves.  I think it promotes a feeling of friendship and community.  Nice thought, huh?  Happy Lei day everyone...here's your virtual lei! 

Lemonade Day - in case you weren't aware...today is a day to sponsor young entrepreneurship by promoting lemonade stands.  I thought it was just a celebration of the yummy tart stuff!  Oh well...if you see any lemonade stands, support the young business people!  And of course...drink the good stuff.  We have to listen to Alex Boye...


May Day - so...then you have May day...where everyone does the dance around the May pole and celebrates spring.  That's one thing that was fun about the Lover's Feast at the high school - they always include a Maypole dance and song.  (Even though it's in February...)

Mother Goose Day - this started in 1987 (go figure...she's been around since the 1600's...) and so we all spend some time during the day telling Mother Goose stories, right?  Well...we should.  :)

National Bubba Day - this is a day to celebrate all the 'Bubba's" in your life.  I thought it was about the guy in the movie Forest Gump, but nope - it's for all the brothers and friends who have been called bubba through the years.  Personally, I never called anyone bubba...so if you did, then it's your day.  :)

New Homeowner's Day - Hey - you've just bought a home, this day is yours!  I don't think you waited till today to celebrate you finally have a place of your own, or the fact that you have a mortgage payment over the next 30 years...or that you finally moved into that dream house you've always wanted.  Party on!!

School Principals' Day - some of these people are awesome, some drive us crazy...but this one is usually pretty funny.  So in honor of Principals day, here's Mr. Brooks with a spiel for secretaries day...lol




Stepmother's Day - for those women that everyone has an opinion about...this is their day.  It's a hard place to be in, being the step mom.  I had a step mom that was the stereotypical one.  But I have met several women in my life that are step moms and they're awesome.  So here's to you!!  It's a brave thing to take on someone elses kids and love them as your own!!

Chocolate Parfait day - which, if you get the chance to eat parfait, that would be the one I'd want to eat.  Reminds me of donkey in Shrek.  So - either we're like parfait or we LIKE parfait, I say eat parfait.  😊




I know it was kind of quiet last week, but I was busy with other stuff.  Hope you have a great day!!


1 comment:

clarissa said...

LOL on the secretaries day video!!!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...