Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th!!!


I want to wish all of us who live in this great nation a Happy 4th of July! Many of us will spend it with family, watching parades and lighting fireworks. I just hope we take a moment to think of those who are serving in our military who are far away from home, and who see the real fireworks almost every day - but are too worried about their lives and those around them to oooh and ahhh.

I have two nephews who are out there in the thick of it, and I am so very thankful they are willing to serve in this manner. They have courage and determination, the same stuff our fore fathers had.

So...while we eat our bbq's and potato salad, homemade ice cream and slurp down that soda, take a moment to think of the great men and women who are out there keeping it free for us to do what we will.

I honor mine in the best way I can.

I Pledge Allegiance
to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the republic
for which she stands
one nation
under GOD
indivisible
with liberty and justice
for all

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...