Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Happy day of pie!

And no, I'm talking about the numerical on in March...  we're celebrating the actual desert round dish that is filled from anything fruit to custard and is yummy in a crust or not.  That's right, National Pie Day! Everyone is supposed to be having a special, but I've only heard of a couple...Village Inn has free pie Wednesday, but today is supposed to be $2 off a slice?  something like that...  and Marie Calendars is doing a pie sale for the month or something for $8.99.  I'm afraid that just kills me...  $9 for a pie???  Anyway - I'm sure you can find an edible one at the local marketplace and enjoy with your family.  Or...Wally world (our families name for WalMart...) has little individual pies that you don't need to share...and they're only $1 each!  

My personal favorite is Razzleberry from Marie C's... but I also love blackberry (discovered while living in Oregon...YUM) and blueberry...and anytime pumpkin!!  And I do love crust...a well made crust is almost more flavorful than the filling, lol.  What's your choice when eating pie?
National Handwriting Day - Did you know that there is a large percentage of schools that no longer encourage learning the skill of handwriting??  It seems sad to me..handwriting is a personality spot.  I remember in junior high seeing girls practicing their signatures in different little ways to make their writing unique.  Little hearts above the I...curly cues on the Y and J...  Remember doing that?  I (personally) do not like the capitol G.  UGH.  It has to be the most un-interesting letter to write in cursive.  I know handwriting is not necessarily cursive, but it's along the same lines to me.  There are many times I wish my name started with a an S or a J.  A's aren't bad either...  Some of you may know that I write calligraphy.  I learned it in high school, and have continued with it.  None of my children do it, and most of them do not have legible handwriting.  It's terrible.  I don't even have doctors to show for it.





Snowplow Mailbox Hockey Day - Well, not much of a chance of that today, but I would imagine back east they'll have this going on.  I would think that the mailboxes get buried when the plows are handling that much snow.  How do people dig them out to get mail??  And how does the mail get delivered??  Such a dilemma for those of us who still love to get mail....  Do you like getting mail?  I guess most people don't like mail because it usually consists of credit card adds, store adds and various stupid catalogues.  But once in a while, you get cards, letters, packages...  fun stuff.  :)   If you are familiar with mailbox hockey, hope you haven't had to replace it too many times.  We usually have more of the Halloween obnoxiousness where kids like to drive by and hit the mailboxes with a bat...
I like the Harry Potter idea... Who needs mailboxes??

Have a great day - no matter what you celebrate, it's a great day to be alive.😊


 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...