Friday, September 07, 2018

Happy Friday!

It's almost the weekend again...and there's so much to do, so much going on...it never ends.  I am saying goodbye to my son...not permanently - he's just moving back east.  ARGH.  I know this is good for him, he needs to get out of the house, I've wanted him out of the house.  I just thought it would be closer, ya know???  He's not my baby, and he's been gone before...but still...I think Sunday is going to be hard.  sigh.
So...we're going to be at Peach days tonight and tomorrow.  ;)  Facepainting and balloon twisting - come see us.  We're going to be helping with a fund raiser for Avery's Dream Foundation - I'm hoping it's fun and goes good for everyone.
So...some fun stuff to play with today...


Bring Your Manners To Work Day -  I would think you'd bring your manners to work everyday, and it's sad that some people need to be reminded of this, lol.  But ya know, you run into people all the time that think it's an imposition for you to bother them when they are working...hello??  drive through can be the worst and best in those cases, lol.  I always try to be on my best behavior.  Who do you find it hardest to behave for? family or friends...

National Attention Deficit Disorder Awareness Day - you mean they have a day to be aware of it?  I have six kids that had ADHD... I don't need a day to be aware of it people, I lived the life, lol.  I still live with - oh look!  A squirrel!   

National Lazy Mom's Day - this is what we all wish we could be...and today would be awesome if I didn't have work, an event afterward and a kido leaving...I mean lazy is great when you can do it, lol, right?

'Neither Snow nor Rain" Day - I'm not sure why there's a day for this, but whatever.  I'm thinking rain would be good - though it's nice that we don't have it today or tomorrow.  We are going to want snow pretty soon, since things are getting drier... when I went by Pineview in the middle of August it was low, but not as low as it has been.  We still need water!!

Salami Day - I love salami!!  Do you?  I like the thin really dry sliced stuff with cheese and crackers.  I don't like it on sandwiches or pizza...  which kind do you like?

National Acorn Squash day - I love acorn squash when it's cooked right.  I wish there were more than one way to really cook it, but baked seems to be about the only way.  Do you know any good recipes?  I think I've had it plain with butter and brown sugar, and stuffed with sausage and cheese...  making my mouth water!!

Yesterday at the farmers market they were doing spaghetti squash pasta for tasting and handing out the recipe.  It was sooo good.  She claimed you couldn't even tell it was spaghetti squash, but I'm afraid I could still taste it, lol.  It was good though...sausage and vegies and spaghetti squash.  Good stuff.

and, we were right next to the man doing monster bubbles...it was awesome.  I'll leave you with a little video clip of it...


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...