Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Two weeks left!!

I can't believe it's only 2 weeks till Christmas!  Where does the time go??  Just last week I was lamenting that our extra week had slipped away without my getting anything done.  I mean...I just got the tree finished being decorated last night...does that tell you how holidays go at my house??  And that doesn't mean anything else has been decorated.  I thought that if I was home sick I could at least try and decorate - but no, I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING, so it didn't get done.  :(   sigh.  And I had a co-worker telling me last week that she takes hers down on Christmas day!!
Who does that???  (I mean, besides her, lol)  I told her I leave mine up sometimes through January.  When she found out how late I put it up, she understood.  sigh.

So...anyway, happy December.  There isn't much going on today - but felt like I needed a few bright words to cheer myself up.  And felt perhaps - you might want something to chuckle at as well.  So...I'm writing.  But, in looking around, there isn't much to be excited about...  In the food department The Nibble claims that today is Noodle Ring day.  UGH  not even worth elaborating, folks...sorry if you like it - but doesn't sound good to me right now.

Have you been following the Light of the World this year?  This week they're encouraging you to serve your community...  There is so much to do - I just don't know how we have time to do it all!!  We need to go help someone.  Anyone have suggestions??  :)

anyway... onto silliness.
International Mountain Day -  I don't know why there's a day for International Mountain day...but then, I don't understand why there are several days during the year for random stuff.  I think people get bored and decide there needs to be something to be excited about...and they happen to be excited about international mountains!  Well...personally, I love our mountains here.  I the the Wasatch Front is just awesome...too bad we hold in all the bad air though.  If people would stop moving here, it would help...but it's gorgeous, so what can I say?  😊  And to go along with that...here's that video from a decade ago about the funny city names in Utah...

of course listening to the music will make you want to take off to the beach, but can't help you there.

I don't know if I've shared this one with you - but it's one of the family favorites from Studio C.


Kaleidoscope Day - and it's Kaleidoscope day.  Who doesn't love these??  And you'll find that it's only kids that play with them...  sigh.  I think they're awesome.

So - anyway - hope you have a great rest of the day...
And try not to think about how there are only 14 days till Christmas....

And just for fun - one from David Archuleta and his new Christmas album...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...