Friday, December 07, 2018

Memories... 77 years ago, and home sick... ugh

so...  to start off with big things first... it's Pearl Harbor day.  Where were you 77 years ago??  Well, if you're like me, you weren't alive yet, lol.  But my father was.  I have no idea where he was, but I believe he was doing somekind of calvary training with his horse... wish I had the photo to share.

Anyway - Hopefully everyone remembers this day and commemorates it in some way.  I'm sure we'll watch one of the movies we have about it.  We haven't watched Tora Tora Tora in a while...  Hacksaw Ridge is about near the end...but it's good too...
I've been home sick for three days now.  I hate head colds, can I say that??  We're told to love our enemies...well, I don't have to love viruses, do I??

It's also lovely wintery snow outside, and Hanukkah.  I realize we aren't Jewish, but it is part of a Christian background - I mean, I'm sure Christ celebrated it.  So we have fun with the candles, and some times we'll even play dreidel. 

Hopefully you are all doing well, enjoying this wonderful Christmas season and spending time with family.  At least I've been able to watch A Christmas Carol...  :)
If you're wanting a celebration other than the season, it's also National Cotton Candy day.  Ugh...sugar and air on a stick...  :)  Sorry if you like it, I've never really liked the stuff.  There's no flavor...just sugar.  I like my calories to have flavor...  lol
Have a great day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...