Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Welcome Tuesday...

And cold temps.  I got in my car and it said 19 degrees.  ugh.  I like winter! But I'm really glad I have a son that is willing to go start my car and get the defroster ready so that when I go out it's already warm!!  :)   It was a happy moment.
We've all been recovering from colds/coughs at my house this weekend.  My hubby was still out there shoveling snow and scraping off the solar panels.  He's not one to do the whole man-cold thing unless he's running a fever...then he'll wrap up and hybernate.  Me?  I like any excuse to not have to do stuff - I think I'm a sloth at heart...sigh. Especially when it's cold outside.  I'd rather curl up in front of a fire with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book.
It was still a productive weekend for all of us.  How about you?

So...there were lots of things that we missed due to it being the weekend  and I couldn't let them just go by...

Sunday -

National Cheese Lovers Day: I couldn't not mention this day!  Cheese is one of my favorite things...and I've come to discover that I have an expensive palate.  I would prefer Havarti all the time...and Brie??  YUM!  However, I do like cheddar and montery Jack...and mozzarella and stuff.  I just prefer the creamy cheeses....  Do you have a favorite?  We love fondue at my house too.  This is one of my favorite movies - food and a good story!  One of the fun parts...cheese!! 


World Snow Day - if you haven't heard of it before, no worries - most of us haven't.  It was created to bring children to the wonders and joy of snow.  Who knew?  I guess it's for those like me who grew up in California in the no -snow areas.  :)    The first time I saw snow, I thought it was amazing!!  When I moved to Utah and watched it snow for the first time, I couldn't get enough of it.  I still love to watch it snow.  Especially the BIG flakes...  What is your favorite snow activity?  If I'm dressed warm enough, I like a good snowball fight...otherwise I like to be inside watching everyone else outside...lol
Yesterday
National Hugging Day - this is also held in May...I guess they think we can handle having two days of the year of hugs.  I like me a good hug!  I have a dear friend that every time we see each other we have to hug.  It's just the best thing ever.  I don't think you can hug grandchildren too much either...though they may tell you that's not true.  :)


Rid The World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day - This was something I had to share just on principle...I mean - I think the word 'diet' was a word invented by the devil.  Seriously.  There is nothing for stressful for women (some men, but mostly women) in this world than the idea that they have to diet.  Weight is a constant struggle in todays society.  If we had lived a hundred years ago, we wouldn't even be worried about it.  We would be more worried about how we were going to eat, lol.  Hundred and fifty years ago we would have had to work too hard in our day to day world to even think of trying to loose weight.  I agree that we need to be healthy.  And fad diets do not help that.  I'm not saying that we should all be fat and out of shape...  but I find that if I'm worried about how much I eat, or how many calories are in something, that's all I think about and it consumes my day!  UGH.  Just saying...  Okay - enough of that rant...sorry. 

So - we come to today - and there's only one thing worth mentioning.
Answer Your Cat's Questions Day - I mean, your cat has many questions! I found a video clip on youtube once about a cat that was keeping a diary about being held prisoner by humans...  It's pretty funny, but I can't find it so you'll have to be investigative on your own.  I used to be a cat person...  I still like cats over dogs.  But I've found that I love them as kittens...and then they grow up and scratch your furniture and use your plants as litter boxes and walk all over your table and counters.  UGH.  So, sorry, not that big of a cat person anymore.  They are great outdoors...or someone elses cat.  sigh.
and if you like watching those funny videos of the crazy stuff cats do - here's one for you.


the only food option for today is National Blonde Brownie day.  I don't like anything but gooey chocolate brownies, so I'm not a big fan, but I know there are lots out there who are - so enjoy.  I mean...why else are they called brownies if they aren't...brown???  😋

Well - have a great day and a great week! 

1 comment:

clarissa said...

Um, you put the Julie&Julia video in there twice...

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...