Thursday, January 24, 2019

Well... some times it's not worth getting out of bed.

I tell ya!  I think I'm determined to end up in a hospital bed in traction.  I'm not sure...but between last Friday and yesterday, I think I'm working on it.  Last Friday I tried sitting down on one of those rolling chairs...but it didn't like me and rolled away, landing me on the floor.  I was soooo embarrassed!  sigh.  And then yesterday, the carpet grabbed my shoe as I'm walking down the hall and I almost fell.  I didn't, but I guess I shifted something and my same side I landed on Friday was not happy!!  UGH.  I spent the rest of the day limping around and feeling it in my shoulder too.  Finally ended up going to Instacare - (sorry, really don't like workmed!!) and the doctor could only suggest that I ice/heat it and take ibuprofen.  Unless I wanted to do an xray, which I didn't really. 
So, went home and ice/heated it and took Ibuprofen and had the best night sleep I've had all week!!  wow. 
I'm still going to my chiropractor this afternoon though...sigh.  Anyway, see what I mean?? I think I'm really trying to break a leg or something.  Hope you have all had a non-injurious week so far.  :)  At least the cough is getting better!!

On that note... there are a couple of fun items for the day.


Belly Laugh Day -everyone can use a good belly laugh.  There's something about things that make you laugh that hard.  Usually it's friends talking and telling stories...children doing silly things, (my daughter when we get laughing together sometimes I can't breathe!!) - a raspberry on my stomach with make me laugh real hard!!  Sometimes a movie will make you laugh.  I know we all find this guy pretty funny...

though I don't think this is the funniest thing he's done.  It's good, but not belly laugh good.  I'm trying to think what has made me laugh that hard - this one though... ALWAYS makes me laugh...

But I have to say.... of all the people that could make me laugh, Robin Williams was king.  Here's one of my favorites from Patch Adams:


National Compliment Day -  everyone deserves a compliment.  It makes everyone feel better and usually brings a smile to their face.  Try it...you'll see.  :)  You look very nice today, by the way.

National Peanut Butter Day -  Peanut butter!!!  I grew up on peanut butter...I love that stuff.  I'd come home from the local swimming pool, cut a slice of french bread (we almost always seemed to have the stuff around) and slather it with peanut butter.  I fed it to my children from the time they were little and half of them don't like it, won't eat it, lol.  But it would still be my go to snack...it's good on celery, crackers, bread...  sigh.  Although...the Jif people sponsored a contest for the best unique ways to use peanut butter, and I would never have thought of putting peanut butter on any of these...  well, have done pancakes, but otherwise... thenibble.com has more recipes from previous years too.   Me - I'll probably just go home and have a piece of bread with peanut butter...I don't have any celery, lol. 

Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day -  well - I'm not sure I'd really want to talk like a grizzled prospector, but someone might...I know my cub scouts would think it was hilarious, lol.  I remember the guy from Blazing Saddles...  not that I'd recommend anyone watching the whole movie -sigh - but parts are good.  :)


Hope you have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...