Monday, April 29, 2019

Welcome to Monday!

Well, it's another week.  Hope you had a good weekend - ours was crazy busy and I feel like I need a day to recoup from it!!!  sigh.  How about you?  Well, there isn't much to shout about otherwise, but a couple of things might brighten your day...


International Dance Day - well, if you are into dance, you probably already know that this day was founded to put dance in the awareness of governments and society at large to encourage the arts.  I like the idea of just having a day of dance, don't you?  A school I was at this morning was trying to play some music before school started for the teachers. (kind of in conjunction with teacher appreciate week, huh?  no - it was for a morale lifter!)  and they couldn't get the sound system to work right.  Well...  here's to teachers everywhere and dance the world over!!


and one of my favorite Kevin Bacon movies...  :)

If those don't get you dancing, I'm worried...  


"Peace" Rose Day - I guess this is kind of a day dedicated to peace, but I love roses, so I think this rose is gorgeous.  There's something about the mixture of colors, the blending of the pinks and yellow...it's breathtaking.  :)  

 
World Wish Day - I guess we are all wishing on a star tonight.  I don't know that wishing does much for you...I think prayer and hard work do more, but it's nice to think about.  I love this song by Rick Astley - it makes me want to wish on a star.  :)

 
Zipper Day -
Have you ever thought where we would be without the zipper???  I can't imagine having to button everything up.  I know sometimes the zipper gets stuck on things, wears out and can be a pain sometimes, but for the most part, it's awesome!!  I love this bit by comedian Michael McIntyre - it's sooo on it!  Zipping up a kids coat....


National Shrimp Scampi Day! - and last, one of my favorite things...shrimp scampi!  I think the first time I had this I was amazed.  I love shrimp anyway, but I've discovered that I pretty much like it in about everything.  And cooked about every way.  Fried, baked, grilled...oh don't even get me started on deep fried.  My son bought a deep fryer and went through a stage where he had to deep fry everything.  We managed to convince him there was no need, we were good (we've never really been one for deep fried foods) But he did shrimp...and that was sooo good!!  my mouth's watering just thinking about it.  sigh.  Anyway - enjoy some shrimp scampi tonight!!  Or ...whatever you can afford.  Some of us don't have shrimp in the freezer, lol.


Have a great day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...