Wednesday, May 01, 2019

May Day!

Well... It's finally here - the first day of May and it's snowing... lol  Got to love Utah in the spring, right??  At least it wasn't a foot deep or sticking to the roads...  and now the sun is shining, so it should still be a good day! 
Well, hopefully your day goes great - if you're just doing your every day, hopefully you have something to smile about.  If not, perhaps one of these will help you find your happy place...


Global Love Day - Kind of reminds me of the hippy era, lol, but show everyone you care!  The global love foundation wants to make it a better world for everyone. This day is all about caring for Humanity.  So...be as we've been taught from the time we were little...  love everyone and be kind to everyone.  It should be a great day!! 

Hug Your Cat Day - some cats like to be hugged, some don't.  So, if your cat isn't one of those, then you probably don't want to attempt it, lol.  Our cat is more of a scratch around the ears and maybe she'll purr for you.  One of the reasons I like cats...they aren't always big on affection, lol
 (grumpy cat photo from the facebook site for gumpy cat)

Lei Day - I remember this day from last year.  It's kind of the islanders way of celebrating our May day.  I think it's awesome.  So, it's up to you to make the day brighter!!  Hm... I should have picked up a bunch of lei's at the dollar store and given them out to everyone!!  (they would think I'm strange, but what else is new, right?)  :)


May Day - the onset of spring, all the green is coming and flowers blooming type thing.  Dance around the maypole and shower everyone with flowers!  I hear that May day is celebrated kind of big everywhere but here.  It's your chance to make a change in someone's life. 

Mother Goose Day - a celebration of literature and the familiar childrens tales.  everyone read to your children and grand children today!!  If they haven't heard any of the mother goose stories, that's just sad!!!  'Hey diddle Diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon...'




National Golf Day - for a sport started in Scotland, it's sure grown in popularity around the world!  I love the scene in Amazing Grace where the prime minister is trying to golf in the middle of fall, with long grass and leaves everywhere!!  No one would even try to play in that today, with the manicured greens and such.  They would probably still play in the cold as long as it wasn't wet, right?  I love this bit by Robin Williams (I think this is the clean version!! sorry if there's language...you never know with him sometimes)


New Homeowner's Day - It must be a wonderful feeling to move into a new home and have the thrill of new paint smell, or just the joy of having your own place.  Personally, I've almost always lived in a remodeling project during my 32 years of marriage.  It's not my hubby's fault...I blame his parents, lol.  However, to be honest, I thought it was cool when we first got engaged - to knock out the ceiling in the dinning room of the house we were going to be renting from my in-laws...  my future sister-in-law recommended we put a match to the whole thing, lol.  And then we've been having to do remodelling to the house we bought from my in-laws that my hubby grew up in, so it's kind of a never ending thing...  sigh.  We always think of this movie...


School Principals' Day - School Principal's rock!!  I don't imagine how they do that job, day after day...especially secondary!!  Whoa, those are some smart mouthed kids..  Do all of you love the principal 'erducator' from Texas, Mr. Brooks?  He had a new post this week...


National Chocolate Parfait Day  - so, on a happy note, one of everyone's favorite deserts - parfait!  Love chocolate, so the two of them are awesome.  If you get a chance, you want to eat one of these!! Can't help but think of the whole conversation with Donky and Shrek... "Ogres have layers."  "ah! layers like parfait! Everyone like parfait."  Ogres are not like parfait! layers like onions..."  lol

Whatever your celebration for the day - I hope you have a great one, and are able to enjoy the sunshine which has peaked out from the clouds.  Life is good!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...