Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Happy hump day!

Greetings to all my friends!!  Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday...it's mid week, it's the middle of May...only two weeks left of school, and summer is around the corner!!  What could be better??  Well...there are a few things that would make the day better...chocolate being one of them.


National Chocolate Chip Day - I guess chocolate chips were invented when a woman named Ruth Graves Wakefield who owned the Toll House Inn.  She invented the first chocolate chip cookie by breaking up a Nestle bar into the cookie for something different.  Millions of people owe her thanks, don't you think??  I mean...we use chocolate chips in so many things and in so many ways!! 


National Employee Health & Fitness Day - at my work they highly encourage health and fitness.  We can even take 10 minute walks in the morning if we so desire...without repercussion.  It's awesome.  They have little workshops every month to encourage you in exercise, general fitness, healthy eating, etc.  Our insurance even has wellness check ups and encouragement.  So... I guess our boss cares that we make it to work, lol.  How about yours?  
National Juice Slush Day - so, what do you know about juice slushes?  I only know that they are yummy and with the invention of such monster blenders as the Vita Mix, are attainable for the average Joe.  I might have mentioned before that we used to own a pizza restaurant.  In the summer we tried to do booths like at Layton City Park for the 4th of July.  We also sold smoothies at these events (which is basically frozen juice with ice cream, lol)  We loved having those Vita Mix blenders!!!  sigh.  Anyway - Whatever your flavor, be it strawberry, banana, pineapple or orange... make your own slush today!!  Excellent way to start the summer....

National Slider Day - Apparently this day was founded by WhiteCastle...the restaurant back east that specializes in these little burgers.  They've been around for almost 100 years! crazy.  Reminds me a lot of Wendy's square burger...  (I wonder where Wendy's got the idea??  lol - of course theirs is full size)  Anyway - I was just thinking the other day that 'sliders' are the perfect size burgers for little kids.  They're easier to get their hands around and lots less they have to eat.  I think tonight should be slider night...  Hm... 

Nylon Stockings Day - I only added this for those of us who grew up wearing pantyhose.  It used to be nylon stockings, ya know.  Pantyhose were invented for our generation that didn't want to wear garter belts and all that...  (might be TMI for some people...)  Anyway - important fashion fact for those who like to collect trivia...during WWII, nylons weren't available because they were needed for the war.  Women used to draw lines on their legs to make it look like they were wearing stockings, as they used to have seams down the back.  Pantyhose didn't have seems, that was one of the pluses.
Now you can amaze your grandchildren, lol.

You knew this had to be here, right?  Chocolate Chip Cookie Day - not just any old cookie, but THE cookie.  This is another thing we owe to Mrs Wakefield...  the invention of the chocolate chip cookie.  The first love of cookie world in my life.  I made a batch of these on Saturday for my grandchildren, and they actually survived until Sunday...  (Mostly because they were hidden in the oven for later),  But just think of the sugar high you could get if you ate everything we've talked about today??  a fruit juice slush, chocolate chip cookies...you'd better eat a slider just to get some protein in there, baby.


Have an excellent day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...