Monday, May 20, 2019

Happy Monday!

It's a new week... have you been enjoying the green??  It's so green right now!  the mountains look cool with the snow and the green.  It's a little harder to send the grandkids out to play...so the insides get a little crazy, but it's all good. 

We had a bit of scare of Saturday - we were taking a load to the dump and the trailer bounced off our hitch and almost flipped.  We were blessed in that it slid forward (we were going down hill) and dug into the rear of my car and we were able to stop and deal with it instead of all of us being rolled!!  ARGH.  It was scary...
And it could have been sooo much worse.  Our guardian angels were definitely watching over us!

That night was cool - I was paid to do facepainting at the Night Lights in Tooele.  If you haven't done this, I highly recommend it!!  It's a big lantern festival, where people come and party and then about 9:30, they let lanterns float up into the air and it looks just like the scene in Tangled that she'd wanted to see her whole life.  It was the coolest thing!!  and there were sooo many people there.  It was awesome.  Just a note for next year - you definitely don't want to miss it.  I wish I had taken a real video instead of just a Marco Polo...then I could have shared it with you.

Hopefully everyone is fully into May and looking forward to summer!  Weather.com claims that we'll be having a cooler than normal summer - some of us are a little skeptical, but if it happens, I'll be happy.  :)

there are only a couple of things that look fun for today...


Eliza Doolittle Day - if you haven't seen My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn, then you really need to see it.  I think the ending is a little sad, and my hubby things it's romantic, so go figure.  Do you like it?? 




this is one of my favorite clips... 




National Quiche Lorraine - I love quiche.  I don't know that Quiche Lorraine is my favorite, but it's yummy.  Do you like quiche?  This would be a great day to have it for dinner.  What I didn't know before today was that quiche started out as a flan dish - custard.  Depending on where you started, it didn't even have cheese in it.  But I like how it's evolved now, and we usually don't have a crust with it, just bake it in a pan and serve it with anything.  I think croissants are good... 

National Pick Strawberries Day - and if you are where they can be picked, it's pick strawberries day.  We don't even have the blossoms gone on ours, so not even close to picking.  It would be our best bet to go pick some up from the grocery store.  :)   I just used the last of ours up in my breakfast shake...  we'll need to get some more.!

Well..  hope you have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...