Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Happy Wednesday!

Hello my friends!  Are you having a great day?  This has been a crazy week already, and we're only half way through!  My hubby and I were able to go see the new Avengers movie last night, and my granddaughter was ticked.  "You went to see it and didn't take me???"  Who knew that was the thing...  😏

Anyway - some fun stuff for the day.  Hopefully some will make you smile. 

No Socks Day - No socks!!  my favorite thing, lol.  Okay, so next to not wearing shoes, wearing socks is totally ugh!  I hate socks.  They always twist around on my feet - I must walk twisted, I don't know.  But anyway, I hate them.  And lets not even talk about washing them and how the drier eats them!!  If I'm not the one doing laundry, my hubby invariably looses a sock when it the laundry comes back to our room.  We have a large laundry basket just for socks!  I told my sons a couple months ago they better pick out theirs because the rest of them were getting tossed.  It didn't last long...it got filled back up before I could get rid of them.  Oh well...it's their problem, I'm not going to sort them anymore!  :)

School Nurse Day - I think being a school nurse would be a mix of fun/boring/crazy.  I mean, I'm sure there are days when you have nothing to do because (miracle of miracles) everyone is well and no one is complaining of anything.  Then, you have the days when everyone is registering for school and don't have their immunization records... 
Here's our favorite principal with a tribute to the school nurse...


V E Day - Everyone celebrates D day...(June 6)  and Pearl Harbor Day (well, almost everyone)  But you don't hear much about VE day.  Perhaps because for us in the US it wasn't as big of a deal, we were still fighting the Japanese.  But it was a big day for Britain.  It still boggles my mind, thinking about the rationing that went on and how people lived for years during the war.  I think it's important to remember this day, it was the start of the end. 

National Empanada Day - I think most of us have seen these as a desert, but they're kind of whatever you want them to be.  I like the fruit filled one myself...

National Have a Coke day - The link will tell you everything you'd ever want to know about the Coke company and stuff.  It was kind of funny last night at the movie, there was a commercial about how Coke makes all sorts of other things that no one realizes is branded under them.  From water to fruit drinks to soda, they make it.  Kind of interesting how big they've become, you know?  I'll bet you have drunk something that they've bottled!  Here is a commercial from the early 60's.  They were pushing it as a diet drink!!  lol


So - everyone have a great one.  You know you will... 



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...