Monday, May 06, 2019

The Sun is Shining! It's Monday....and more

Good  morning everyone!!  Isn't it a glorious day?  I think we had the best weather this weekend than we've had in a while.  I have that song going through my head this morning...



I also love this one by Data, but the first one is the one that's been going through my head.


Anyway, it's a wonderful day, a new week, and the month of May.  Isn't that a great combination?  Life is good.  We had loads of fun yesterday, we went to see the Golden Spike.  I've never been out to Promotory, and it was interesting.  They made a comment that if you wanted a feel of what it was like back in 1869 you didn't have to go far.  It was pretty much the same then as it is now at that location.  There isn't really anything built...it's just rolling hills and sagebrush.  It was a gorgeous day though, and the ride was nice.  We told our granddaughter that she should tell her teacher about the trip and perhaps she'd get extra credit...lol.  So - just a heads up, this Friday will mark the 150th anniversary of the event.  Kind of cool!

There's only a couple of things worth mentioning today, so I'll share them with you.

No Diet Day -  I like this day!  I think everyone should contemplate every day as a no diet day.  However ...  you also realize that just talking about food and what you eat is considered a diet?  We have given that word a bad rep.  And then, of course, what if cake is our weakness??  at least we don't literally blow up, right?  lol  Just watched this with the grandkids on Saturday, hasn't gotten old yet...


No Homework Day -  I guess I never really had a lot of homework in school.  I think I had more homework when I went to the DATC after my mission than when I went to school...  And kids today complain ALL the time about homework.  Do you think teachers like to give it out??  I don't think so...  so it's a win win for everyone!!
 
Russel Stover Candies Day - I think most of us have had Russel Stover candies at one time in our lives.  They are famous for the little boxes of candy that you find in stores everywhere.  Did you know they've been around since 1923?  It's almost a 100 years old!!  Personally, I'm not that big of a fan...but it's okay.  I hear the sugar free stuff is awesome. Whatever your choice, enjoy!!


Read more at: https://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/holidays-may.asp

National Crepe Suzette Day - If you love sweet things, then you love crepes. If you love pancakes in almost any form, then you love crepes.  What I like about crepes is that they can be both sweet and savory!  We usually make them for dinner and desert when we're making them, and it's just a lovely time all around.  (I sound like some English miss, lol)   Anyway - I've never really had crepe suzeettes.  We make crepes and have them with all sorts of fillings, but we're aren't into alchohol and I don't particularly want to set off the fire alarm in my kitchen...  :)  I like how they are folded into fourths, instead of just rolled like we usually see.  
I wanted to share a clip from Julie and Julia, but there isn't really a scene where she does crepes, so it didn't work.  But if you haven't seen the movie, you really need to!!  I'm sure your family would love it, and crepes!  Bon Apetit!  

Hope you have a wonderful day.  

 
National Crêpes Suzette Day

Read more at: https://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/holidays-may.asp

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...