Monday, October 19, 2009

Finally...the leaves!



Well, we finally had a Sunday free of obligation (sort of). After 4:30 we were able to go drive into the mountains to see the last of the leaves. So many years they have already dropped by now. Usually by conference weekend when we have a chance to drive up, they are already gone. But this year they've hung on, and it's been a gorgeous fall!! Just looking at the mountains every morning is an awe inspiring thing.

What is amazing, is our own large maple tree in the front yard has barely begun to change color. I can't wait -- it's a glorious sight. This is how it looked two years ago.



We enjoyed every minute of it, even driving around the reservoir and getting lots of pictures. sigh. I think I've had a refill of the serenity cup.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...