Friday, September 01, 2017

Happy Friday!!

And it's a long weekend too...which is always awesome!  ;) 

I'm finally getting to some silly stuff again - my co-workers have been wondering if I've fallen down on the job.. (not literally, lol)  I've just been so busy, this is the first time I've been able to contemplate looking anything up.

There's a couple of fun items for September 1st...



National College Colors Day -  Go support your team, if you have one.  I know there's usually a rivalry between blue and red...we even have neighbors who claim it's the wrong blue, lol.  This coming week is supposed to be rivalry week between the big 2, so I guess we'll see which one comes out on top.  It would be nice if it were blue...  just sayin'.  😊

National Food Bank Day -  This is a good one.  I think right now, with what's going on with the hurricanes and Texas that it would be a very good idea to support your local food bank.  I don't know how you'd get anything to the national one...Is there a national one?  someone who is totally bored could look into that, lol

National Lazy Mom's DayLazy Moms unite!!  Or does this mean we get to be lazy and not have to have an excuse today?  LOL   What I've found online is that this your day to get out of chores - dishes, laundry, making dinner, you name it - someone else needs to do it.  Problem is, if you're the mom of little kids, that ain't gonna happen, so hopefully you'll have your day when your kids are older.  I just gave notice to my kids via text.  Most likely what doesn't get done by them today will have to be done by me tomorrow, lol.  sigh.

National No Rhyme (Nor Reason) Day - so - apparently this day is dedicated to those idioms we like to use, or words that don't rhyme.  Like you have a 'frog in your throat' or 'it's raining cats and dogs.'  The challenge is to write a poem that doesn't rhyme, or do something silly for no good reason at all.  What do you think sounds good?

National Gyro Day!  This has to be one of my favorite things to eat.  I love gyros!!  my hubby discovered they made chicken ones at Crown Burger, and he usually gets them - but I like the original kind.  Something about the sauce and the meat and stuff....  YUM!  I wonder if I can talk my family into them for dinner?...

Random Acts of Kindness Day or Be Kind Day - Sounds good.  What can you do as a random act today?  My family loves the BYUTV show Random Acts.  It's fun to see what people will do.  This is one of our favorite episodes...



See what you can do to make someone's day today!  Have a great weekend.  😊  And if you aren't doing anything and are bored...come see me at Hoopers Tomato Days! 


and...just because he's sooo cute - my grandson.  :)



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...