Friday, July 16, 2021

Still Alive...haven't melted yet

 But - if you've listened to the weather at all, you know that the west is really hot.  Has been since the beginning of June.  There have been years where the first day of summer vacation has been rainy...cloudy, cool, definitely NOT summer-ish.  Not this year...man.  It's been in the 90's most of the time.  And this past week, several days in the 100's.  I'm SOOO glad I don't live farther south.  They're over 100, like every day.  My son was in Moab on Monday, and it was 117.  Yikes!! 

 <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/rGAazSaAw544w" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/awaken-awoken-rGAazSaAw544w">via GIPHY</a></p>

There are many times I'm very tempted to move to Oregon... seriously!!  Or maybe...a house on one of the many lakes in Minnesota, lol.  That was pretty awesome.

I had a post I meant to publish back in June, but never got it finished.  Things were just too crazy.  Now, I realized that I'd basically forgotten about this little blog, and figured I'd better write something -- I didn't want people to think I'd disappeared or didn't like to write.  :)

Hopefully you're having a great summer and aren't melting.  And if you are hot, hopefully you have AC and or access to some form or another of water.  Unfortunately we are also in the middle of a major drought and we can't play with water as much as we would like-- though at least there are swimming pools, and my son's apartment has a pool that he has invited us to come visit anytime they're home.  We spent all of 4th of July afternoon in the water...it was wonderful.  I didn't even burn very bad, though we had a timer going...lol.  Everyone was spraying every 45 min to an hour.  Everyone else still got fried...  

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/SHPzIKk5ii08w" width="480" height="272" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/soul-food-SHPzIKk5ii08w">via GIPHY</a></p>

We've had some awesome sunsets, hate to attribute them to the fires to the west of us.  :(   The air is sooo bad.  So, not only do we have an uptick in Covid (seriously??) we can't go outside because it's too hot and we can't breathe.  sigh.  

I'm glad I like reading and writing and painting and have a wonderfully AC'd home.  My poor hubby works during the summer, and his schools have AC, but half of them run swamp coolers too, so it's kind of a muggy day for him.  

Well, so much for the update.  Just a FYI...  my book Dear Maddie ebook is going on sale this week for .99!  So, if you haven't picked it up yet, now's a great time!


 https://www.amazon.com/Dear-Maddie-G-Parker-ebook/dp/B08FRQ8MFG/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1626447719&sr=8-1

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...