Friday, February 04, 2022

It's the OLYMPICS! And Friday...


 So, in other words, one of the best days ever!!  lol


By beijing2022.cn, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=56087618

 In case you haven't noticed in reading my blog, I'm a bit of an Olympics fan...I participated in the 2002 Olympics 20 years ago!!  I can't believe it's been 20 years...  I still have my coat, lol.  I was on the ceremonies team, and helped set up the opening and closing stuff.  I remember we had a snow storm just before the day of the opening, and they asked us to come down and help clean off the seats...  Man am I grateful my hubby was willing to watch the kids that whole time!  It was an awesome experience, and I wear my coat every time it's winter Olympics.  πŸ™‚

 Do you like the Olympics?  Do you watch?  If I could, I would watch every thing shown, but there just aren't enough hours in the day...especially since well, I work.  πŸ™„πŸ˜œπŸ€·‍♀️

So, hopefully you're planning on hunkering down out of the cold, with a big bowl of popcorn and enjoying razzing the judges for their lack of vision and rooting for the best team ever, team USA.  I take politics out of it, otherwise it would be painful, lol.  But those athletes have slaved for a long time to get there and I plan to support them all I can.

Now - in case the Olympics are the bane of your life and you can't stand them...or you need something else to be excited about, there are some other things mentioned out there.

Bubble Gum DayThis day was invented by a children's author as a way for them to raise money without having to sell anything.  Go figure...people are still buying gum, right?  lol  I guess it's good though...people love bubble gumWell, unless your the santa in Miracle on 34th Street...remember the older movie?  He tries out blowing bubbles and it ends up popping all over his beard...whoooboy.  I tried to find a clip, but oh well.  I think you can picture it... 

Liberace Day - if you grew up in the 70's, you'll remember this name.  This man was the original showman... He lived to perform for audiences.  He was flamboyant, but opposite of Elton John.  He was amazing, and perhaps you'll enjoy this little clip.
You'll never think of chopsticks the same...lol.

Homemade Soup DayIf anyone had a mother who cooked, then they probably had homemade soup.  We love homemade soup at my house, my daughter has become quite the proficient at throwing things together and having it come out awesome.  Just the other day we had butternut squash soup with red cabbage and cheese and bacon.  It was great!  So - here's encouraging more soup!!

National Stuffed Mushrooms Day - I love mushrooms.  I'm not particulary fond of them raw (which my grandchildren are, go figure) but I love them cooked in pretty much any form.  Sauted, grilled, baked, in stuff...and stuffed.  The first time I had them stuffed I was totally amazed!!  One...who would take the time to do that??  and two, they were wonderful!!  If you've never had them, you might want to try them out. 
It would be a yummy snack during the Olympics...  😁

Well, it's time to leave you to work and life and all the other things out there.  Hope you have a great day, and wonderful weekend!  I'll leave you with some memories...

 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...