Monday, August 20, 2007

Summertime and the Skys are Gray

Okay...so this past weekend we had the county fair. It was kind of small...I don't know what was going on. Someone else said that Thursday was packed... I entered a painting that received a third place ribbon. I'll post it at my website when I get it back. I told my hubby that I was tired of coming in Third place. I realize that's still good...but it doesn't mean anything anymore. It's like all I have to do is paint anything and I'll get third place. What kind of motivation is that?

Anyway, it was fun. I entered photographs, but they didn't win anything. I thought perhaps the one I took of wild flowers would, but there were lots of good pictures.

Anyway, I thought we were going to get dumped on in that wild rain storm, but it didn't happen. It sprinkled a little, but otherwise it was great until about an hour or so into it, and then the sun came out and it was hot!! ugh. So, we went home. It was a good night.

What was crazy, is they've started charging for parking! And, closing off the sides of the roads until you get to the housing development to the west of the fair grounds. What a pain. It's a little county fair, for goodness sakes. At least it's still free to get in!

I think I'm getting crotchety...LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a busy time, and heat will make anyone crochety. Don't worry about it.

You have been activated in the LDS Blog webring, so your links are now live!

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Tristi Pinkston said...

But that's wonderful, to get third place. I mean, think about poor little people like me who couldn't get a ribbon if their little lives depended on it!

Your time will come, and when it does, will be the right time for it. Hang in there -- you're super talented!!

G. Parker said...

Thanks Trisi, You're sweet!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...