Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Back to reality....

Okay - I guess it's my fault.  I took a week with my hubby and we went to Island Park and I painted!!  It was on and off, but for 2 days, I painted!  And it was just the two of us, and we read, played games, went to Yellowstone, and it was wonderful!!  The two trips to Idaho Falls, including Pocatello we could have done without, but ya know, lol.  Had to go to Michaels and buy canvas.  Sigh.
So then we get home (driving through a snow storm most the way, with a head wind and pulling a new little utility trailer - new to us, not NEW, lol) and find the kids have been typical...no one found the list I'd left of things that needed to be done, and while nothing burned and everyone was healthy...house was a mess.  :(
I had a lesson to teach in RS...which was sooo nerve wracking.  I was up till 2 am that morning making sure I had everything ready.  We ended up taking a LONG nap that afternoon.  It was wonderful.
But anyway... get to work yesterday and it was like...why??  Why am I here?  I need to be back in Island Park and painting!  my hubby felt the same way...but reminded me that we'd have to sell everything and be broke, lol.
sigh.
Well...  such is life.
What was so much fun about Yellowstone was the buffalo.  Usually when we go through it's summer and they are still shedding their winter coats.  Now they are gearing up for winter, and they look gorgeous!
 and it was also so neat the day after we got there, it snowed during the night and we went driving through the back way from Mesa Falls and it was such a neat contrast of the fall leaves and the snow and such.
I know, that was so descriptive...  You'd wonder if I was a writer...lol

Well...  Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things.  I hope to post photos of the paintings soon.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...