Monday, October 09, 2017

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!







So - for those of you who aren't Canadian, or married to someone who claims to be Canadian, you're wondering what in the world?  But yes - today is both Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving.  We have celebrated two thanksgiving's every year we've been married.  Since our kids have grown up, it has become the family gathering one and then in November the married ones can choose and not feel guilty. 
So... turkey day number 1!  lol.  


Hope you had a great weekend - it was a mix for us.  Great weather!!  It was gorgeous up in Huntsville, but it was a bust as far as selling anything.  Oh well..  I did get some painting done.  Hope you had a productive and enjoyable time!  There are some crazy celebrations going on beside Canadian thanksgiving, so here's the one's I thought you'd enjoy:


Columbus Day - Apparently this is being petitioned to be Indigenous Peoples day??  sigh.  Because you know, Columbus was a terrible awful person and he brought nothing but death and pain to the inhabitants when he came...  Love the history being taught today, don't you??

International Beer and Pizza Day - I didn't think the two went together, but if I weren't having turkey, I'd sure go for pizza!!

Leif Erikson Day - I think this should probably be bigger than Columbus day, since he was technically first, right?  At least he gets an honorable mention, lol.

National Chess Day - I guess if you like chess, this is your day.  I'm not a big chess fan.  Takes too much thinking to be an enjoyable game, lol.  I like to play games that are fun and relaxing and you can talk and play at the same time... here's the only chess game I think is worth watching, lol




National Pro-Life Cupcake Day - apparently you are supposed to bake cupcakes in honor of those not born yet... or who never got a chance to be born.  Hm...  this is a little morbid.  I guess that works for October... 

National Kick Butt Day - need some motivation to get going?  This is the day you're supposed to stop procrastinating and get to it.  I saw a video clip on Facebook last week that suggested you follow a one minute guide.  If you have something you are trying to stop doing, or wanting to learn, you give yourself one minute to do it or not do it, as the case may be.  The idea is that you can do anything (or not do) for one minute.  After a while, you feel like adding time to that...adding a minute or so at a time until you have built up to the time you feel should be allotted to that skill or habit.  I thought it was a great idea.  Apparently someone in Japan came up with it.  Don't remember the name, but I'm sure you can google it.  😉

Native American Day - My son-in-law is partial native American, so I'll have to tell him that's why we're inviting him for dinner...he needs to bring the turkey, right?  lol  We keep telling him he needs to come camp out in our back yard during hunting season so he can shoot at the deer going through.  With a bow and arrow, people, really.  He claims he has to be on a reservation...  dang.

And - it's also Hogie - submarine - hero - grinder - all those type of sandwiches day.  If you aren't into pizza and aren't celebrating thanksgiving, then you can enjoy one of those!  Subway is always good... lol

Well..  Hope you have an awesome day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...