Thursday, December 07, 2017

Pearl Harbor Day...and other thoughts

Well, it's Thursday, and we're onto the second week of the month... my how time flies when you think it's dragging at the same time.  Funny how that works.  This has been a long week, but now it feels like it's over and I'm wondering what happened???  lol  We had a candy making party last night that ended up not really being much candy, and not a big party, but still fun.  We did lots of pretzel sticks, and my son and daughter-in-law came, which was fun.  They also brought their two dogs, which was kind of crazy, but they contained them, so it was good.  We got fudge made...but no toffee or peanut brittle, so we still have more to make.  Probably tomorrow....

So, there are only a couple of things to mention today, not the least of which is Pearl Harbor day. On this day in 1941, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese. (just a little clarification in case you have no idea - Please tell me that was a review!! lol)
I was talking to my Dr. yesterday, and he told me that his father was there.  They lived on the Island, in Pearl City, he was 10 years old and watched it happen (his father).  I thought, wow, his dad was young, lol.  My dad fought in that war, so I guess he was a bit older...  :)   Anyway - Important day to remember...I hope that children are being taught about this in school...I know my children have been reminded every year.  We usually watch one of two movies, Tora, Tora, Tora or Pearl Harbor (the first disk, lol).
This is a short video stating the running timeline of the attack I thought would be interesting...
 



National Cotton Candy Day - on a sweeter note - it's cotton candy day!  Do you like the spun sugar treat?  Seems like everyone likes this type of candy.  You can even buy it in bags at the store now, so go by and pick one up.  It's always good to feel like a kid again...it's the time of year for it.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...