Friday, December 01, 2017

It's December!

and there's no snow...but it's coming, right?  I think I would have a hard time living in Australia or below the equator and not having snow for Christmas...but then, they would probably think it was crazy to not be on the beach.  :)

And it's Friday!  boy...we should all be excited.  😊   Although...I got to thinking about my weekends for the rest of the month, and I don't know when I'm going to get anything done, but it should be fun.  😊  And I'll be getting to babysit grandkids and all that stuff...good times...good times. 
Are you busy for the holidays?  Do you do traditional things?  We always drive through the lights...go to the city park...go to the childrens village, and this year I really want to go to Temple Square.  We also make candy and that is my kids favorite.
So...unless you're of the grinchy variety, you should have a fun month!  And if you're of the grinchy mood - sorry, hope we can make you smile about something...


So...onto the fun facts... (silly facts, actually...)

Antartica Day -  I think we should have a North America day, don't you?  I thought the day was all about the 'save the whales and the penguins' and stuff...  But I was wrong.  Apparently, 58 years ago, they signed a treaty that the Antartica was a global thing, and could not be claimed by one nation.  Interesting.  Their site lets you do a virtual balloon release in honor of the day.  It might be fun to do with your kids.

Basketball Day -
And I guess in honor of the sport... (Which I don't like since the Jazz lost Carl Malone and Mike Stockton...sob)  I'd like to share one of my favorite shots of the game.  😊   Although...have to say I'm not a huge fan of Michael Jordan, but ya know...


Civil Air Patrol Day -
This is kind of cool.  I didn't realize that they'd been around for 76 years.  My father-in-law was in the CAP and flew all over the states and in the pacific.  His only regret was his sons didn't want follow in his footsteps to fly.  Flying was the air he breathed.  He even built his own "quickie" airplane that he flew - once, lol.  This is kind of a fun quick video celebrating the 75th anniversary last year...


Clark Kent's Birthday (Superman)
-
I didn't realize how many Supermans there had been in movies.  I guess I grew up with some of the old TV versions...and then Christopher Reeves...I didn't think anyone could play the part better than he did.  But I have to say, I think Cavill does a great job.  If not better...  sigh.  Here's a clip of all of them through the years...although I've had it start near the end - you'll have to go to Youtube if you want to watch from the beginning.  :)


Faux Fur Friday - don't hate me...but
I love fur.  I don't know a woman who doesn't love it...and it's nice that they created faux fur so we didn't have to kill little animals to get it.  I think if it were back in the pioneer days, we'd be eating those little animals, so it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  Although, makes you wonder what they do with the skins of the cows and steers -- I guess that's where we get leather, right?  Hm...  anyway - faux fur.  Nothing more luxurious feeling than fur.  I got to see a Rex Rabbit farm in Oregon one time.  Have you ever felt their fur??  oh my...  Makes you want to be a rabbit.  I guess you could eat like a rabbit and sympathize with them.  Bugs would agree...  lol

National Pie Day - of course, we all just celebrated pie...how many different kinds did you try for Thanksgiving?  Not get one you wanted?  Well, today would be the day to make it.  If you had mousse left over from yesterday, you could always make a cream pie.  😊  that's always good...

Eat a Red Apple Day - I'm not a big fan of red apples...I like Fuji's or Gala or granny smith.  Which is your favorite??

Anyway - hope you have a great weekend...and enjoy!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...