Friday, December 15, 2017

It's Friday! Only one more til...

Christmas weekend.  I can't believe how fast this month has gone.  I have so much to do in the next week.  How about you?  Are you ready to celebrate the birth of our Savior?  Hmm...  Next Friday I'll be getting to watch one of my granddaughters.  We're trying to decide if we want to have a sleepover or not...  It might be too crazy for us...although we did survive 7 kids...

Anyway - a few things to celebrate, if you don't have enough to do, or are bored in any way (righhhhhttt...lol)

Cat Herders Day - this is always a favorite of mine.  I always have to post the video.  You realize that being in a school with a bunch of little kids is very much like herding cats, right?  In some ways I think cats cooperate better, but that's debatable, lol.  I found a different video that's hilarious...  so, you need to watch both.  :)


here's the old commercial...



Free Shipping Day - I think it depends on the company, but this is worth checking out - especially for those last minute shopping items.  Isn't today the last day to ship and get it there by Christmas anyway?? 

International Tea Day - I guess if you're a tea drinker, this is your day.  Personally, I drink herbal tea when I can't have hot chocolate.  Mint tea is awesome, as is chamomile. 

National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day - I don't see the point of this, but I guess every dog has it's day, right?  Or in this case, every sweater.  I guess that holiday sweaters bear the brunt of this, as they apparently are the most offensive...I don't quite get it, I've never had an ugly sweater.  We're supposed to wear them to work next Wednesday, and I have to go out and buy one.  I'm hoping I find something, I've heard some of my co-workers have dandys...
And since our favorite principal happened to have a ugly Christmas Sweater contest, (apparently) and posted his ugly sweaters...I thought I'd share with you.  :)



National Wear Your Pearls Day - This makes me laugh.  Most women don't own pearls today - that was a status symbol of days gone by.  I remember that in the 80's there were beads, and everyone could find the fake stuff, but I didn't know anyone that had real pearls.  I think they're as expensive now as they were then - perhaps more so.  Do you own pearls??  Anyway - it makes me think of the movie Hidden Figures...it's one of our favorite movies, and this is one of our favorite scenes!!  She finally lets the men have it:


and the great follow up to it...



National cupcake day - If you like cupcakes, this is your treat for the day!  I have never been a big fan of cupcakes.  I realize the idea is it makes them easier to eat - but to me they're just messier.  I mean, there's usually a ton more frosting on the tops, and how do you eat them without getting frosting on your face??  You have to eat the bottom and then glob the frosting in your mouth or toss the frosting (which I usually do, waaayyy to much for me, people...) or find a fork.  And if you're going to use a fork, why bother with a cupcake???  Just sayin'....

And to wrap it all up for the day, you need to have a bright note to remind you of what the season is all about...  NOT.  lol  These guys are great singers - not sure I like the name of the group, but what can you say for a university mens choir,.... lol.  Anyway - fun song.
Have a great day and awesome weekend!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...